Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 07:13 AM   #1
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Changing PID on Fictionwise ..

Sorry .. I know this is slightly off-topic but I can't seem to find where to post.

I have my lovely shiny new Gen 3 waiting to be filled with yummy books but I keep getting an error message when I try to remove one of my allowed devices in the Fictionwise PID list ..

Is there any way around this or do I just need to wait to hear back from them?

Thanks so much

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are reports elsewhere of problems in this area - it appears as though a software change on Mobi's DRM servers has caused some issues. If you PID list is full, and the system isn't allowing you to delete one, sending a message to support is your own option. My experience has been that they generally reply within 2-3 days.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There are reports elsewhere of problems in this area - it appears as though a software change on Mobi's DRM servers has caused some issues. If you PID list is full, and the system isn't allowing you to delete one, sending a message to support is your own option. My experience has been that they generally reply within 2-3 days.
thanks Harry .. email sent yesterday so now just wait ... if only I hadn't handed my 'old' one to Hubby yesterday and he's filled it with his 'boring' books! lol ..

Loopy
Old 09-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #4
Loopy65
Groupie

still nothing .. I've sent them additional email but no answer ..
I'm getting frustrated as I haven't had a chance to really 'test' my new Cybook because I can't get the PID registered ..
It's really a 'glitch' that they need to sort out ..
Loopy
Old 09-26-2008, 02:21 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you receive an e-mail with a support ticket number?
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
Loopy65
Groupie

Thanks for the reply Harry ..

Fictionwise replied earlier today and were not very complimentary about mobipocket to say the least! .. I'll cut and paste their reponses here ..

QUOTE [I apologize, since the Mobipocket interface changes, we cannot
change PIDs, this has to be done on the Mobipocket end. If you
would like you can contact the Mobipocket Support Forum and request
a PID removal. See link below:
http://www.mobipocket.com/forum/index.php?Language=

In the future, we strongly suggest that you purchase ebook formats
that do not place unreasonable restrictions on customers. For
example, if you have a device and/or computer that supports eReader
content, there are no such restrictions in the eReader format.

In addition, you get a 5% bonus rebate when purchasing Secure
eReader titles.

Please be sure to install eReader on your device first to make sure
you have a supported device:
http://www.fictionwise.com/help/ereader-overview.htm

Please note that additional device support will be announced soon
for eReader and by early 2009 it will have far broader platform
coverage than Mobipocket] END QUOTE

Have to say that I find it kind of worrying and wonder how much longer fictionwise will work with Mobipocket ..

Loopy

PS I posted on mobipocket forums and by the time I'd posted it the PID had released so it's all set up now and working wonderfully .. I'm still slightly concerned about the situation with fictionwise and mobipocket tho ..

Last edited by Loopy65; 09-26-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:03 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I wouldn't worry about it. Remember that FW own eReader so naturally they're going to recommend that you use it .
Old 09-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #8
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it. Remember that FW own eReader so naturally they're going to recommend that you use it .
My thoughts exactly.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
Loopy65
Groupie

Quote:
oopsie yup so they do! .. what can I say? .. I'm an advertisers dream as I don't see it coming!!!

Loopy
Old 09-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Now, while buying ereader may be a possibility, if you read on device which supports it such as a PC, iPhone, Pocket Pc, I'm not sure how we humble mortals with the Gen 3 can go about using it

Well, not unless there is a one click way to convert it to Mobipocket anyway

(I'll leave out the DRM Stripping as the scrip is available)
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote