Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
alanine
Connoisseur
alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad v2
User Friendly Wireless Network Management

I'm new to the iliad developer scene, and as the first contribution I make available an user friendly wireless network package. It shows your current network status, allows easy switch between existing wireless profiles and to connect or disconnect them. All comes without any configuration, isn't it nice

Usage: unzip the attached file, copy the wireless folder over to your iliad, and then navigate to its folder content on iliad. The rest is self-explanatory.

I've only tested it on my machine, and welcome your feedback and bug report.

UPDATE Oct/10/07: Not even 3 hours passed by, I'm already issuing an update which fixed the connect problem with encrypted networks. Please use the point 1 revision if you have downloaded the original.

UPDATE Oct/11/07: New update that fixed the empty password problem, and also some rewording on the display message. All are encouraged to upgrade.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wireless-101107-PL.zip (4.6 KB, 771 views)

Last edited by alanine; 10-11-2007 at 05:15 PM.
alanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Hey, this sounds great! The wizard that iRex ships is quite lousy!

Unfortunately I've lost my stylus, and I've changed my wireless settings, so I can't do anything but finish the damn book I'm reading...
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2007, 03:29 AM   #3
Mainframe-Junki
Mainframe-Junki began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thumbs up

Hello Alanine,

thank you very much for this nice solution.
It's fine for using an browser at varius hotspots and more flexible and charming as the scripts from dillo.

Greetings

Oliver
Mainframe-Junki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:35 AM   #4
ebookie
Entrepreneur
ebookie began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad v2
Hmm it doesn't work for me. I can see it select my 'home' network profile (well at least the SSID is correct) but it doesn't actually connect. If I re-attach the hardwire it will see that one and connect instead.

--Chuck
ebookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:39 AM   #5
ebookie
Entrepreneur

Hmm, using sh -x on the script I see the command it ends up with is
wireless.sh start SSID wep wep <my wep key> it should only have one wep there

--Chuck
Advert
Old 10-21-2007, 05:49 AM   #6
ebookie
Entrepreneur

And the reason for the double wep was that in my credential file I have
SSID "ENC-WEP" HEXKEY
SSID "ENC-WEP" HEXKEY

so the grep/cut line returns
wep
wep HEXKEY

Not sure why my credential gets 2 lines either but if I delete one the connect script works as expected.

--Chuck
Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 AM   #7
ebookie
Entrepreneur

And the reason for having two lines in my Credential file is that for some reason I've got two entries in the registry for my home lan (same SSID) the only difference is that one entry has wlanBroadcast : false and the other has it set to true. So I get two lines with the same SSID and the grep / cut doesn't work as you would expect it to. Interestingly it only cuts one copy of the key out of the two lines.

--Chuck
Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #8
alanine
Connoisseur
alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookie View Post
And the reason for having two lines in my Credential file is that for some reason I've got two entries in the registry for my home lan (same SSID) the only difference is that one entry has wlanBroadcast : false and the other has it set to true. So I get two lines with the same SSID and the grep / cut doesn't work as you would expect it to. Interestingly it only cuts one copy of the key out of the two lines.

--Chuck
Interesting, I'll look into ways to fix the script.
alanine is offline   Reply With Quote