Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I've added the "#".

Tom posted that the Voting (new poll thread) will run for 5 days starting September 1. I know we have sometimes opened the poll early in other months when we had our 10 books fully nominated so early. Tom, will let us know.
When we have the time in August for the vote, why are we being forced to lose 5 or more reading days? We lose 5 days due to the vote and we could lose more in getting a hold of the winning book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #77
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Tom posted that the Voting (new poll thread) will run for 5 days starting September 1. I know we have sometimes opened the poll early in other months when we had our 10 books fully nominated so early. Tom, will let us know.
Okay.
My vote would be the earlier the better. As it stands, we'll have 2 weeks (15 days from Sept. 5th - Sept. 20th) to read the book. That isn't bad, I just think it would be awesome to have an add'l week of reading time when we can get it.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #78
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When we have the time in August for the vote, why are we being forced to lose 5 or more reading days? We lose 5 days due to the vote and we could lose more in getting a hold of the winning book.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the original schedule put up. Let's vote starting today. Already there are concerns expressed by some that they do no have sufficient time to complete the books. Is waiting until September something to do with Europeans largely taking the month of August off?
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #79
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
This was the fastest nomination process. This gives us a 10-day vote.
Quote:
I've added the "#".

Since the nominations were done so quickly, I see no need to wait. Admittedly, I should have said at the close of the nominations rather than September 1, but I'll correct that mistake next month and go ahead and put up the poll now so we'll all have more time to read the winning book.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well done everyone. This was (IMHO) the smoothest nomination we've ever had.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #81
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The Poll is up. Vote early and often.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #82
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
This was the fastest nomination process. This gives us a 10-day vote.
Why? We have never waited to put a poll up nor have we ever extended the date to be longer if nominations were finished earlier.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #83
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Why? We have never waited to put a poll up nor have we ever extended the date to be longer if nominations were finished earlier.

BOb
Yes, why waste the extra time on a needlessly long vote period when it would be better to put it to the purpose of reading the selected book?