Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
P.J.
Edge User

Talking Video Player Options for the Edge

Is anybody using another type of video player for their Edge to play .mp4 videos? Are there any players which play more video types?

Thanks.

Paul

Old 04-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
done
Edge User

Moving this post to the Android Apps section.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
kenjennings
Edge User

I've been looking for a better player and haven't found anything that works. I downloaded a couple apps that are described as video players, but they both SEEM to only organize videos and they merely launch the same internal video player for Android when a video is chosen. Still searching.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Chas
Edge User

I think I may have found a good one. mVideoPlayer 1.6.2 So far I've only tested the small Xvid files at Revision3 but they all play full screen in landscape. I'll try some of the larger files, WMV, and HD later. I downloaded at http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplic...s/mVideoPlayer

Old 04-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
Chas
Edge User

Okay, maybe it's also using the same builtin player. I've found that Xvid and WMV files seem to have a 1-2 second audio delay in both that program and the built-in player (the Camera app oddly)

Old 04-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas View Post
I think I may have found a good one. mVideoPlayer 1.6.2 So far I've only tested the small Xvid files at Revision3 but they all play full screen in landscape. I'll try some of the larger files, WMV, and HD later. I downloaded at http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplic...s/mVideoPlayer
I don't think this player adds any codecs. It looks like it is just a different interface over the same video playing mechanism.

The collection of video files I used to test the default video player fail in the exact same manner with this player. For Both Players: Xvid files visually played fine, but the audio was offset by a couple seconds. mp4 files (containing mp3 audio) originally created for my blackberry play on the edge with significant glitches and corruption.