Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #31
Anulek
Anulek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Installed on my original Aura and at first blush everything seems to be running as it should.
Can you check if this update removes the limit when running searches in ebooks to 100 results?
I hate this restriction
Anulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:54 PM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Any chance Overdrive integration with an H2O works in this version?
No. Kobo has decided to support Overdrive on the newer devices. That means starting with the Aura ONE, all the devices released since then support Overdrive. The devices released before it do not support it. That might change, but at this point, I don't think think it will.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anulek View Post
Can you check if this update removes the limit when running searches in ebooks to 100 results?
I hate this restriction
That change has been in the firmware for several releases. It will be there for any device running those firmware versions.

But note, the 100 result limit is kept if the search string is three characters or less.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:14 PM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David0226 View Post
The value for UnlockTimeout appears to be in 1/100 of a second. So, 100 (1 second) would likely be the absolute minimum this value should be set to.
No wonder I wasn't fast enough

But, I think it is 1/1000 of a second. I couldn't get it when I set it to 100. But, I can at 1000.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #35
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No wonder I wasn't fast enough

But, I think it is 1/1000 of a second. I couldn't get it when I set it to 100. But, I can at 1000.
That would make sense, timers of this nature are often set in milliseconds in many software and programming languages, and Kobo probably hasn't bothered to do a conversion to/from the config file.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 07:54 PM   #36
Anulek
Anulek began at the beginning.

Quote:
That change has been in the firmware for several releases. It will be there for any device running those firmware versions.

But note, the 100 result limit is kept if the search string is three characters or less.
I'm not so sure. This came with 4.9.11311, which was only for newer models and omitted Aura. That's why I'm asking, it's not in specs of newest release.
Anulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anulek View Post
I'm not so sure. This came with 4.9.11311, which was only for newer models and omitted Aura. That's why I'm asking, it's not in specs of newest release.
Well, I am. I would have said something if there was any doubt. And that is why I made the comment about three character search strings.

And in case you haven't noticed, the release notes don't tend to be comprehensive. And they are never cumulative. They are generally only the changes from the previous release for any device.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #38
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
How does the non-destructive update from KSM work again? And how do I reapply the font settings patch? Is that also possible without erasing KSM?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:49 PM   #39
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Has the sticky menu behavior changed? On my Glo HD (on a much older firmware), when I click on the bottom for the menu (while reading), it would pop-up with the last menu selection; in this firmware, when I click on the bottom for the menu, I always get menu with the arrow pointing left-right (page number, table of contents, ...).

Thanks.
As the link in another thread described, a bug was introduced in 4.11.11980 that pop-up menu bar when reading comes up with the default entry instead of the last entry.

Is this bug fixed in this firmware or it can be fixed in patches?
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:34 PM   #40
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Seems to be running beautifully on my first gen Aura. It looks like Kobo may have finally (finally!) squashed the two-finger light adjustment wonkiness that has been plaguing the Aura literally for years (every firmware after 3.12.1), but with my minimal testing, it appears to work without problems every time. It's fast, responsive, and doesn't do any weirdness like open the dictionary or turn pages after adjusting the brightness. Lots of other really nice features, too.

I've got it patched and installed and will give it several days of real-world use to be certain, but I'm cautiously optimistic that this one's a keeper.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:04 PM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
As the link in another thread described, a bug was introduced in 4.11.11980 that pop-up menu bar when reading comes up with the default entry instead of the last entry.

Is this bug fixed in this firmware or it can be fixed in patches?
That only happens when the footer is hidden. And it is not a bug, it is a deliberate design decision.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:13 PM   #42
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post

Is this bug fixed in this firmware

No. At least not in full page mode.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:29 AM   #43
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm happy fullscreen has been enabled and I like that I can just dismiss the header or footer for kepubs.
It looks like you can also dismiss headers and footers in ePubs.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:40 AM   #44
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
That only happens when the footer is hidden. And it is not a bug, it is a deliberate design decision.
Yeah,I just tried it with v4.11.12019 (I haven't upgraded it to v4.12.12111 yet).

If I enable show-footer, it only displays menu bar without any entry pops up. Now I have to click the icon I want again. Well, it's not really what I wanted.

I still miss the time when last entry was selected when the menu bar pops up.

Don't know whether this can be done in patches. @geek1011
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:41 AM   #45
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I changed my Kobo Touch (605B) affiliate to beta, synced and watched it upgrade. Even without the patches I like this update. Pages turn faster, the Touch seems more responsive and turning off headers and footers is a great feature. I almost wouldn't have to patch except I want ability to "bolden" fonts in ePubs (there's probably some other features I'm forgetting that I wouldn't want to lose). Good work, Kobo.

EDIT: And thanks to all those who find all the new features and write the patches.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote