Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 10:13 AM   #1
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Librera Book Reader for Android and e-ink readers

I am the author and creator of Librera Reader for Android

The application supports most of the popular book formats PDF, EPUB, EPUB3, MOBI, DJVU, FB2, FB2.ZIP, TXT, RTF, AZW, AZW3, HTML, XPS, CBZ, CBR, TIFF and OPDS Catalgos

Click image for larger version

Name:	logo.jpg
Views:	1043
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	164018

Some of Librera Reader main features include:

✓ Easy document discovery with optional and configurable lists:
● Auto-Scan (with user selected folders)
● Browse (with an in-app file explorer)
● Recent (with a progress percentage bar)
✓ Support for bookmarks, annotations, and quick-jump contents
✓ Individually configurable Day and Night modes
✓ Support for many popular translators and offline dictionaries
✓ Vertical scrolling lock
✓ Auto-centering of documents
✓ Single page view of dual paged documents
✓ Music mode with configurable scrolling speed
✓ Voice reading capability (via TTS Engine or "text to speech")
✓ Fast and easy document searching
✓​ ​Word search in multiple documents
✓ Online document format conversion
✓ Opening of files directly from archives (.zip)
✓ ​Right​ ​to​ ​left​ language support ​(Thai,​ ​Hebrew,​ ​Arabic, etc.)
✓ Continue reading from where you left off
✓ Online Catalogs (OPDS), search and download books
✓ Much, much more.....

Librera is optimized for e-ink devices on Android 4.0+
* Special Ink theme
* Configure Brightness and Contrast
* Make text more bold
* Double page mode

Here is small demonstration on Onyx max2 device
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=294390

Web http://librera.mobi/
Download .apk beta.librera.mobi
Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foobnix.pdf.reader

If you have any questions or ideas please write.
I will be very grateful for the feedback
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	163385   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1069
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	163386   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	1043
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	163387   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	1128
Size:	509.0 KB
ID:	163388  

Last edited by issybird; 05-17-2018 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Oversize image thumbnailed.
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Test of the crop function (Beta-7.8.38-c523)

In the thread 'Onyx Boox Max2 Issues", I've tested a beta version (Beta-7.8.38-c523). This version introduce a percentage to crop the pages usable in '2 pages' mode, you can see this tests here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=403

A big improvement of the stable version - Librera-7.8.34-c517-arm.apk.

The last beta version (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=402) could modify all top, bottom, left, right percentage.

Last edited by Randy11; 04-11-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I use Librera on my eInk Boyue LikeBook Plus. I'm very pleased with it. I use it mainly for epub books.

What I like most is that the app almost completely "disappears" from the display and just let you focus on reading the book.

Three suggestions:

I sometimes seem to double tap and advance two pages. And have to go back. Breaks the focus. Perhaps some form of delay/debounce between the first few taps in a sequence of taps?

I would like to be able to disable pinch to zoom and drag. Sometimes I move or zoom the display unintentionally. Breaks the focus to fix it.

Support for automatically grouping/browsing books based on calibre hierarchical genres/tags would have been great! As far as I know there is no eReader app that does that directly. And calibre is very popular on this forum.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:18 AM   #4
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Adoby,
>Breaks the focus. Perhaps some form of delay/debounce between the first few taps in a sequence of taps?
I am using default Android tap detector, double tap should not be a problem, maybe something else, like change orientation, or other settings affect on it

>I would like to be able to disable pinch to zoom and drag. Sometimes I move or zoom the display unintentionally. Breaks the focus to fix it.
Is it lock mode (right bottom icon of lock) did not help you?

>Support for automatically grouping/browsing books based on calibre hierarchical genres/tags would have been great!
Could you please send some books (maybe with other meta files) sample with Calibre genres/tags

At this moment app supports Calibre metadata.opf (should be in the same folder as book file)

Last edited by foobnix; 04-12-2018 at 04:26 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:30 AM   #5
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
>I would like to be able to disable pinch to zoom and drag. Sometimes I move or zoom the display unintentionally. Breaks the focus to fix it.
Is it lock mode (right bottom icon of lock) did not help you?
Not sure what the lock is intended for. I can move/zoom the screen with it on or off. (Latest Librera Pro from Google Play.)

Quote:
>Support for automatically grouping/browsing books based on calibre hierarchical genres/tags would have been great!
Could you please send some books (maybe with other meta files) sample with Calibre genres/tags

At this moment app supports Calibre metadata.opf for the PDF books
Will do. I'll tag some small PD epub books. You'll get them later today.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Here are some epub books with hierarchical subgroups. In this case I followed the example in the calibre manual here:

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html

A user defined column, Genre/#genre, created in calibre is used in this case.

Name:	genre.png
Views:	1117
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	163439

In books.zip, attached to this posts, are the books with opf:s.

(The books are all from the MobileRead library, polished to reduce size and embed metadata.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip books.zip (6.58 MB, 773 views)

Last edited by issybird; 05-17-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #7
foobnix
Connoisseur

Adoby,
1) I can disable move with two finger for e-ink devices, does it help you?
2) You can configure double tap to Nothing action (please see screenshot)
3)I have added to latest beta demo support of calibre user genres (but without hierarchy) Please check is it good for your or not

Ivan
Old 04-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #8
foobnix
Connoisseur

Screenshots
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-04-12 17-32-09.png
Views:	953
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	163441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-04-12 17-28-53.png
Views:	960
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	163442  
Old 04-12-2018, 11:39 AM   #9
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
Adoby,
1) I can disable move with two finger for e-ink devices, does it help you?
2) You can configure double tap to Nothing action (please see screenshot)
3)I have added to latest beta demo support of calibre user genres (but without hierarchy) Please check is it good for your or not

Ivan
Thanks!

1. Yes, it would. But shouldn't the "lock" do that?

2. I'll try it.

The LikeBook Plus is my first eInk device with a touch screen. When reading I tap almost without thinking, perhaps the slower display update compared to normal tablets cause me to tap twice or even drag and move sometimes. A lock for zoom/dragging would be nice.

3. Sounds great. Will hopefully make it easier to browse/search a large collection of books even without the hierarchical view.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:36 AM   #10
foobnix
Connoisseur

Adoby,
>1. Yes, it would. But shouldn't the "lock" do that?
yes, In lock mode for e-ink devices will be not possible to zoom and move with two fingers
>3. Sounds great
Beta 42 is available
Old 05-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #11
Sitka
Sitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Boox Max 2
Hi foobnix, I just installed Librera for the first time and I can't find the English tutorial. When I go to the link on Librera.mobi, Dropbox says it has been "archived". Is there another place to find it? Thanks!
Sitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:38 AM   #12
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitka View Post
Hi foobnix, I just installed Librera for the first time and I can't find the English tutorial. When I go to the link on Librera.mobi, Dropbox says it has been "archived". Is there another place to find it? Thanks!
Sorry, at this time tutorial is out of date and not available. I am planning to finish one important task and create tutorial and video.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:00 AM   #13
foregistries
foregistries began at the beginning.

Device: boyue t62d, t63a
best for the phone. gonna try it on my reader too. thanx a lot.
foregistries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:07 AM   #14
Adoby
Handy Elephant

I reset my Bouye Likebook Plus. And I didn't reinstall Librera Pro.

I liked Librera Pro, but there where problems:

1. It was VERY slow when opening a book. Other e-reader software is much faster.

2. Sometimes it skipped parts of the text. Especially towards the end of chapters. The text should have been on the top of one page, but didn't show. Very annoying when the end of a sentence or a paragraph on the previous page is never shown. Or the start of one on the current. The only(?) way to fix that was to change the size of the font so the "page breaks" changed. I assume it is some weird rounding error to do with where to place page breaks.

I could live with it being slow to open books. But skipping parts of the text was a definitive deal breaker...

Now I am back to Moon+ Reader pro on my Bouye LikeBook plus. No text skipped...
Old 07-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #15
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
I could live with it being slow to open books. But skipping parts of the text was a definitive deal breaker...
Could you please send me the book with skip text problem?