Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #841
salejandrocar
salejandrocar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi (N647)
Greetings to all in this fantastic forum

I am contacting you to request a reset image for my Kobo Wifi N647. I don't know if it was due to the update, but all your system files from the internal memory were erased and is now unusable. It was given to me a few days ago and I wouldn't want to lose it, I would be very grateful to anyone who can help me. I would also appreciate if you could give me some specific instructions to apply the image or something else I should do.

Many thanks again to anyone who can help me.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:28 PM   #842
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:52 AM   #843
jean.jordaan
jean.jordaan began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note, Kobo Aura H2O (bricked by update)
I bought a Kobo Aura H2O, original edition. After startup it requested a timezone, connected to wifi, and downloaded an update. Then it announced it was going to restart and bricked itself.
Reset does nothing.
The only sign of life is an occasional white/black flash after leaning on the power button or paperclip reset.
Any hope to resurrect this?
Old 11-12-2018, 06:20 AM   #844
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean.jordaan View Post
I bought a Kobo Aura H2O, original edition. After startup it requested a timezone, connected to wifi, and downloaded an update. Then it announced it was going to restart and bricked itself.
Reset does nothing.
The only sign of life is an occasional white/black flash after leaning on the power button or paperclip reset.
Any hope to resurrect this?
Have you tries a factory reset? See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Aura_H2O for instructions.

Otherwise, you can open the device and restore an image. I have sent you a PM with the link to the image.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #845
chabber
chabber began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Kobo WiFi Missing Books

I, too, am having the issue with missing books. Can someone send me an image to restore for this version?

Last edited by chabber; 12-15-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:13 PM   #846
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@chabber: As stated in the PM, I need to know the actual WiFi model. And it is polite to give a reasonable amount of time for a response before asking again.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:52 PM   #847
Coffeestar
Coffeestar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo original
Kobo original and Kobo wifi with same problem

My roommate and I recently bought a couple of Kobos from a thrift store and we tried to update them and they both crashed and won't start up anymore. Kobo wifi is KBN647B and Kobo original is KBN416.

Any chance someone has images for these?
Old 03-11-2019, 12:32 AM   #848
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent for the Kobo WiFi, N647B. But, there is no image available for the original Kobo.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:55 PM   #849
WilfredK
WilfredK began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N647B
First post.

I appear to also have made the mistake of trying to get the latest firmware after receiving that email saying support will terminate soon.

I got nowhere with KOBO online support and the supervisor actually rang me and insisted that there is no way they can send firmware because they no longer have it.

Mine is a KOBO WiFi N647B

Can someone please point me to the images I see others have asked for. Or would someone PM me a link please.

Thanks.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:04 PM   #850
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilfredK View Post
First post.

I appear to also have made the mistake of trying to get the latest firmware after receiving that email saying support will terminate soon.

I got nowhere with KOBO online support and the supervisor actually rang me and insisted that there is no way they can send firmware because they no longer have it.

Mine is a KOBO WiFi N647B

Can someone please point me to the images I see others have asked for. Or would someone PM me a link please.

Thanks.
this may help. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231935

best wishes koboy
Old 03-19-2019, 11:49 PM   #851
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@WilfredK: PM sent.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:01 AM   #852
WilfredK

In the process of opening it up I cracked a corner of the screen which didn' t "seem" to cause a problem. a piece about 5mm square broke off.

Also the screen developed the black lines issue.

Looks like my KOBO is toast. Sigh

I hope this helps someone else. Open it gently.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #853
Coffeestar
Coffeestar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo original
Thanks for the help
Old 03-29-2019, 01:47 AM   #854
WilfredK

I've just ordered a new screen from Aliexpress. I couldn't find one listed for a KOBO Wifi. I found this listed. "ED060SC4 ED060SC4(LF) 6" e-ink LCD screen for Pocketbook 301/603/611/612/613 PRS-505" from XY-LCD store.

With coupons available now it was US$13 !!!

We'll see how it goes. Getting a VISA card registered was a PITA. I kept getting "system error. system is busy tre again later: or similar. It wouldn't just accept all the card details typed in one time. If I could have bought on Ebay with PP I would have. A have bought on Aliexpress before but not for a few years. I suppose it is a good thing it requires reregistering. Painful as it is.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #855
TK_House
TK_House began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N647
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The device is stuck upgrading the firmware and you think a firmware update might help? Sorry, that seems like a weird But, it' likely correct.
But, the first thing you should do is a manual factory reset. Sorry, I don't know to do this for the WiFi, but I know the instructions have been posted here in the past.
I can send you an image for the WiFi, but I need to know which it is. There were three different versions, and each need a different image. The versions were identified with the model number somewhere on the end of the device. The model numbers were, N289, N647 and N647B. You might have been saying which version it was by quoting an earlier post, but I would rather be sure.
For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
I powered on my KOBO N647 for the first time in a few years and it had all my books. I let it charge overnight and now my books are gone and it will not connect to the WiFi or show up using the Desktop app. Will re-imaging fix it? If so how can I get a copy of the image? I know this is an old thread but I thought it might be worth a try. Thanks
Closed Thread