Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 06:19 PM   #46
kleinjar
Connoisseur
kleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: none
So I just tried MapleRead on my 2nd gen ipad pro. The review on its app store page mentions that there’s a long interval between page flips, and it takes a perceptible while to load the next section of a book, both of which are true. Anyone else bothered by this? These two issues make it impossible to quickly flip through a book, which can be useful sometimes. It’s curious that no one seems to have commented on this.

Also I wish ebook apps would make the middle gutter in two-column mode the same width as the side gutters. Some apps make the middle gutter twice as wide (basically two margins side by side) which just looks wonky to me.

Also tried tiReader. The features look great but theres a perceptible delay when you tell it to flip to the next page, which is slightly annoying. The interface animations when inside a book are also slow, which which just gives it an overall feeling of sluggishness.
kleinjar is offline   Reply With Quote