Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 09:37 PM   #1
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Question Css Selector for epub:type

Hi everybody!

I've been working with ePubs for a while now and I've always used Calibre. I use the whole package (Library Managment, Viewer, Editor).

I love the Editor, especially because when I started working with the epub3 format it was the first one letting me do so without breaking them.

Most of the time I use simple CSS Classe Selectors to style my books. This time, I decided to test a different aproach, using other kinds of selectors, avoiding to mark the HTML code with classes.

The thing is, it works fine on Calibre Editor (and also on various Reading Systems), but it fails on Calibre Viewer.

Here is a simple example of a selector for footnotes:

Code:
@namespace epub "http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops";
a[epub|type~='noteref'] {
   vertical-align: super;
   line-height: normal;
   font-size: smaller;
}
This selector works as expected on the Editor and other reading apps, but not with the Viewer.

Is it a known problem? Does anyone else experienced that?

Obs.: I've noticed that it only fails when I try to use selectors containing the epub:type attribute.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 12-02-2016 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Another point
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Namespaced selectors are not currently supported in the viewer. That will probably change in the future (the viewer is slated for a rewrite when its codebase will be merged with the new in browser viewer).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2016, 10:12 PM   #3
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Namespaced selectors are not currently supported in the viewer. That will probably change in the future (the viewer is slated for a rewrite when its codebase will be merged with the new in browser viewer).
Thats it, then. I guess I'll just use the class selectors as always.

Thanks for the fast reply, Kovid.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css selectors, epub 3, viewer