Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2015, 01:56 PM   #1
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
[SDK] Pocketbook SDK collection

Maybe this might be helpful for someone. It's the environment I use to build CR3.
https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketbook-sdk

Quote:
My development dir looks like this:

~/PBDEV/FRSCSDK/
~/PBDEV/PBSDK/
~/PBDEV/SDK_481/
~/PBDEV/sources/cr3-fork/
~/PBDEV/system/

With this structure you should be able to build the source without any changes.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon knows more than wikipediam4mmon knows more than wikipediam4mmon knows more than wikipediam4mmon knows more than wikipediam4mmon knows more than wikipediam4mmon knows more than wikipediam4mmon knows more than wikipediam4mmon knows more than wikipediam4mmon knows more than wikipediam4mmon knows more than wikipediam4mmon knows more than wikipedia

Device: PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 626
Thank you, wish I had that when I first tried to build something on pb.
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:59 AM   #3
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I've updated SDK_481 headers to FW 5.12. I didn't test yet.
Files:
- inkview.h
- inkinternal.h

edit: I'll have to update the libs too
Old 02-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
brucelee
Addict

I've updated the SDK @ github to FW5.17.
Unfortunately it seems like it's not backwards compatible with FW5.14 so I'll continue building CR3 with an older version of the SDK.

I've compiled CR3 with the new SDK and it crashed with:
PHP Code:
/mnt/ext1/system/share/cr3/bin/cr3-pb.appsymbol lookup error: /mnt/ext1/system/share/cr3/bin/cr3-pb.appundefined symbol_device_keyboard 
Which is an issue from the system headers/libs.

To keep things simple for everyone, I've created 2 branches in github:
- 5.12 - which I'll continue using
- 5.17 - which is currently synced with master
Old 12-16-2018, 06:19 AM   #5
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Hi!

Can someone please point me into the right direction as how to make use of https://github.com/pocketbook/SDK_6.3.0 ?

I've set up a Raspberry Pi with raspbian stretch lite and want to use it for compiling Software for the PocketBook but have absolutely no clue how to start.

Many tia…
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840
I don't use the bare PocketBook SDKs, so I can't help you with that. However, I'm wondering which devices use this new 6.3.0 firmware version? I thought all of the devices being sold still used version 5 firmware.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:46 AM   #7
brucelee
Addict

https://github.com/pocketbook/SDK_6.3.0/tree/5.19

It's actually FW5.19 SDK
Old 12-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! That makes sense with respect to the firmware versions. I'm still confused about the SDK version number, but I guess they can give whatever number they want to it.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:39 AM   #9
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I don't use the bare PocketBook SDKs, so I can't help you with that.
So what do you use? Maybe this'll helpme a bit?
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #10
rkomar
Wizard

I hacked together my own environment based on the old (pre-cmake) SDK for version 2 firmware. I didn't want to move away from make to cmake, so I've kept it working ever since. I don't recommend that for anyone else because it was a lot of work to set it up. I think using @brucelee's SDK is probably easiest for newcomers. However, I believe that @brucelee no longer keeps his version up-to-date because he doesn't use his PocketBook device anymore, and I'm not sure what the last firmware version was that was added. It may be earlier than 5.19.

If you want to stick with the official SDK, I believe there were some example applications in there somewhere, with basic instructions on how to build them. If nothing else, you could add your projects beside the examples and modify their cmake files for your own use. I've never done this myself, so I don't have any more detailed advice than that.