Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
rebguy
Avid REB1100 user
rebguy began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100
New Nook and Calibre

I got a new Nook yesterday and I'm having trouble getting it to connect to Calibre. Does anyone know how to do that?

The nook is the wifi version. It came with the 1.4 software so it should be up to date. When I try to send a book to device I get an error message and it doesn't show being hooked to anything.

Jim
rebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
Chrysanthemum
Enthusiast
Chrysanthemum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2,
Are you attempting to send ebook via the wifi or USB? When Calibre is open, does it show your Nook as connected? It should appear to the right of the blue box showing the number of books in your collection:
[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

It will not load via the wifi, only the USB.
Chrysanthemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
rwagner304
rwagner304 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I'm having the same issue. Have a new Nook and I downloaded Calibre. When I connect my nook via the usb to my laptop it will not show my nook in calibre. So I don't know what to do to get Calibre to recognize my nook
rwagner304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure you dont have an iphone connected at the same time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
rwagner304

I don't have my Itouch plugged in and I have the Itunes closed..
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
then go to preferences->advanced and click debug device detection and post the output
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
rwagner304

Well I finally got it to work. i had to un-install and re-install Calibre a total of 3 times . Now it is showing my Nook. Not sure what the problem was, but its fixed.. Thank you for all the help. Have a great day