Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
azazel7601
azazel7601 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
PRS600 Issue with flashing/inverted images

Hi all

Not sure if this is a duplicate of another problem somewhere, have trawled the forum but cannto find anything

When I switch on my PRS600/turn a page/navigate through the menus, the text/menus will always invert their colours (black/white like a negative) before settling on the correct format of black text on a clear background

It is incredibly frustrating and tedious that everytime a page turns I have to wait for the colours to correct themselves

I have ensured that I am running the latest firmware on the device - cannot find any hints on this anywhere. anybody else encountered this? It wasn't like this yesterday when i first looked at the device, it only occured after connecting it to my PC and running the Library software for the first time

Any help much appreciated
azazel7601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Does this take a while? Mine flashes, but very very very quickly. How many books do you have on it also?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
azazel7601

Many thanks for the reply

I guess it is fairly quick - around half a second. It's just strange that it didn't do it before, which is why i want it perfect again!

Only 4 books on it at the moment, not many at all
Old 12-27-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel7601 View Post
Many thanks for the reply

I guess it is fairly quick - around half a second. It's just strange that it didn't do it before, which is why i want it perfect again!

Only 4 books on it at the moment, not many at all
Were all the books downloaded from Sony? If the unit is cold too, it might be the problem.

I'd wait a day or two to see if it continues. It doesn't sound too bad, maybe it's just having a bad day
Old 12-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
azazel7601

No, they weren't - bought these books from Amazon a while back - they work ok, just that annoying delay that's all

Will give it a couple of days - cheers for the advice!
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Hi all

Not sure if this is a duplicate of another problem somewhere, have trawled the forum but cannto find anything

When I switch on my PRS600/turn a page/navigate through the menus, the text/menus will always invert their colours (black/white like a negative) before settling on the correct format of black text on a clear background

It is incredibly frustrating and tedious that everytime a page turns I have to wait for the colours to correct themselves

I have ensured that I am running the latest firmware on the device - cannot find any hints on this anywhere. anybody else encountered this? It wasn't like this yesterday when i first looked at the device, it only occured after connecting it to my PC and running the Library software for the first time

Any help much appreciated
This is normal for all eink devices. They flash in order to clear the screen so you don't get ghosting. There is nothing wrong with your 600.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No, they weren't - bought these books from Amazon a while back - they work ok, just that annoying delay that's all

Will give it a couple of days - cheers for the advice!
Wait, they are from amazon? Did you strip the DRM and convert them to another format?
Old 12-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
azazel7601

Guess I'm being a little too picky then! Thanks for all advice there guys
Old 12-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
azazel7601

And yes lilac_jive, I did - the content of the books are absolutely fine, just that brief flash that I have to learn to ignore!
Old 12-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
And yes lilac_jive, I did - the content of the books are absolutely fine, just that brief flash that I have to learn to ignore!
What type of file did you convert them to? Maybe it's a format that the Sony struggles with, that could explain the lag. My menu can run slow, but generally when turning pages that flash should be quick.