Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
khadian
khadian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Android
Configuring Thumb and Cover Art

I'm a first time poster and trying to learn more about the MOBI format, in particular how to set the cover and thumb art on a mobi file. I was searching the web for information on configuring the cover art and thumb art in a MOBI file and stumbled across a posting by huskies4all ("Mobi2Mobi GUI Cover Art Help?") in this forum that talked about those two things, but it kind of left out some information that I'm hoping someone who reads this might be able to fill in for me. How do you find out where the images are located in the file? I was looking at huskies4all's file, and I couldn't figure out where tompe was getting the numbers. If someone could look at the file that huskies4all posted in that thread and help me understand how these numbers are found, I would greatly appreciate it
khadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Well, in the normal course of events, an author-publisher uploads the cover image at Step 4 in the publishing process. That will show as a thumbnail on the Bookshelf page for that book. When he then uploads the book file, the conversion process degrades (slims down) the product image and incorporates it as a cover image within the book file.

If you are creating a *.mobi file for your personal use and not for publication, then I suppose that Calibre (or other software if there is another software) provides an opportunity for you to include the cover.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cover, coveroffset, thumb, thumboffset