Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
courageforever
courageforever began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Simple table centering when going from ePub->mobi

Hi, this is my first time posting here, so forgive me if I do something wrong...

Anyway, I have what seems like a simple problem, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it. I have an ePub with a very simple three row, two column table in it. What I'm trying to do is something like this;

To: MobileRead

And always have the "M" in "MobileRead" line up with "CourageForever". I also want the table to left align. I can get it to look right in the ePub. Looks fine on Nook for PC and my Nook eReader. But, when I open the ePub up in calibre and convert it to a mobi, the resulting table is centered on the page. The columns line up fine, but the whole table is centered. I tried explicitedly adding the "align=center" attribute to the table, but it makes no difference. Any ideas? I've read that there are some problems with mobi tables, but this seems like such a simple case...

Thanks in advance!
courageforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
courageforever

For anyone who cares, using the kindlegen application to do the conversion made the table work in the resultant mobi. Looks great.
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That will be because kindlegen is generating a kf8 file. Convert to azw3 in calibre to get the same result.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
courageforever

Good to know, Kovid. Thanks! (And thanks for all your hard work.)