Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Question Calibre to Stanza via USB Only

I need help.

I recently had my mother set up to download books from my Calibre library into her Stanza app (iPhone + iPad) over the air via Dropbox.

For non-relevant reasons, we can no longer use over the air transfer, and need to be able to transfer books from Calibre to Stanza via USB. But I don't know where to start; I'm an Android user and I do not have familiarity with Apple transfer mechanisms.

Anyone who knows how to do this, I would be grateful for a walkthrough.
  1. When we plug the iPhone into my computer, will Calibre sense the device and provide "Send to" like with my eReaders?
  2. If so, how do we customize where the books are loaded in the file directory?
  3. Does Stanza have a search-and-import feature to pull those books off the phone storage and into the Stanza library?

Thank you!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
1) No, in the sense that it doesnt know Stanza via USB. My 3GS is sometimes recognised but I can never transfer books to it via USB/Calibre
2) You can't, really.
3) No.

If you can no longer do over the air, then your only solution is to use itunes and drag'n'drop. What I did for a while was to export the entire Calibre Library to a separate folder, making sure to tell it to include the cover (books imported to calibre seem to have covers stored separately so a straight export only has the book and whatever cover it might (or not) have otherwise, which may not be the one you've chosen for the calibre library. Then, drag and drop into the Stanza area when your idevice is plugged in.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ugh.

So, wait, I have to export from Calibre to iTunes and then to the phone? Does... is there a guide for how to do this thing? I don't use iTunes, so I'm a little lost already.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Calibre + Apple iDevices: Start here
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Thank you.
Advert