Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
E-Ink Watch now for sale

You may remember a previous post about a watch with an e-ink display.

This very same watch is now available for sale for $250. It has the ability to display the time in various modes, and also switch from "white on black" to "black on white". It's very cool, especially for an e-ink geek like myself

Thanks engadget
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
But what about a backlight?!?! KIDDING!!!!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise

I've been reading waaaaay to many posts.........

Kathy
kjn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
But what about a backlight?!?! KIDDING!!!!
It's ugly. It should look more like an iPhone.

Cheers,
Marc (who doesn't wear a watch, and rarely knows what day of the week it is)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
chef
Enthusiast
chef is on a distinguished road

Cool thing about this watch is that you can have the white face on at night and the black face on during the day. And you'll never have to worry about glare or it being hard to read in any situation.
chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2007, 06:40 AM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Cool! Several looks in one watch.
For my the taste the "E-INK" logo is much too large, this looks distracting & dominant.
I will wait for a watch where I can upload my own clock face design. This
would be geeky.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
watcha
Not so junior!
watcha began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
The design certainly does nothing for me - soo old fashioned. Anyway, what's e-ink about it? - certainly not the hands, going by the photo.
watcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The face changes, the numbers and such.

Like so:

I'm very tempted, but ... $250 for something that ONLY tells time?
(sorry, couldn't resist )
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
Astropin
Connoisseur
Astropin is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, N800
I think it's cool except for two things. 1) As mentioned earlier the E-Ink logo is too big. 2) It's overpriced for a watch with no alarm and can't be used in the dark. I also prefer watches that are waterproof (I'm assuming this one is not).
Astropin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Does it play mp3s and when will the colour one come out?
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astropin View Post
I also prefer watches that are waterproof (I'm assuming this one is not).
It's good for 5 ATM, according to the product page.

I don't like alarms on my watches, generally, I keep getting them turned on by accident then they go off to no useful purpose, which kinda ticks me off, so I'm always second checking whether it's set or not

I have to hand you the non-dark-visible thing, but I've been faced with ads for much more expensive watches that lack that feature.

They've set up a whole store for just these two models, which differ only by the band. That makes me hope that they'll have follow-on models, which I'll watch carefully, perhaps they'll have one that will really get me wound up.

On the other hand, I do happen to be in the market for a watch at the moment ....

(fear not the pun, embrace the pun, luuurve the pun)

Ooooo, I just found the user manual! (PDF warning) Not much to it, though.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astropin View Post
I think it's cool except for two things. 1) As mentioned earlier the E-Ink logo is too big. 2) It's overpriced for a watch with no alarm and can't be used in the dark. I also prefer watches that are waterproof (I'm assuming this one is not).
I believe it is waterproof to 5 ATM. I am not sure how they handle the dark part.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #13
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'd like to see a ladies model, something a little smaller.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #14
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
They need to equip them with Bluetooth so we can upload books to them and read
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:28 AM   #15
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
I love E-ink technology... but isnt this kinda pointless!

It does nothing my current watch cant do but costs more and doesnt look that great imo
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote