Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
lisamason
Lisa Mason
lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle, Sony EReader (prospective)
Red face Greetings from Lisa Mason, Author

I've just published SUMMER OF LOVE, A TIME TRAVEL on Amazon.com as a Kindle book and got turned onto this amazing site by my gracious colleague, Jeff Carver. I started an online publicity campaign yesterday within minutes after uploading the book and already I've gotten some interesting reactions.

Older longtime fans and colleagues at the writers' organization Jeff and I belong to, Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, have said,"Harumph! I only read REAL books." These folks (age 50+) are habitual, avid fiction readers.

When I've suggested they spread the word to the teens and tweens in their families--since SUMMER OF LOVE, A TIME TRAVEL is a harrowing coming-of-age story, a love story, a historical snapshot of a remarkable social phenom that happened in 1967 from which you can trace the very roots of attitudes and behaviors that once were "underground" and nowadays are mainstream, and a speculative look at the future--several have answered, "My kids don't read for pleasure."

What do you, my MobileRead friends, think about that? Who are you?
lisamason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Lisa and welcome to MobileRead.

"Who are you?"

We're bookworms on crack!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
julia103
Connoisseur
julia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamason View Post
Older longtime fans and colleagues at the writers' organization Jeff and I belong to, Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, have said,"Harumph! I only read REAL books." These folks (age 50+) are habitual, avid fiction readers.

<snip>

What do you, my MobileRead friends, think about that? Who are you?
I'm over age 50, a habitual avid fiction reader who is thrilled to be able to carry multiple books at the same time (on my Sony reader) without increasing the size or weight of my bag. I don't see the e-books as any less "real" than paper books.

Is SUMMER OF LOVE available in other formats, such as epub? It sounds interesting, but I can't read Kindle books on my reader and don't like reading books on my computer screen.
julia103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello lisamason and welcome to MobileRead. Great to see you here!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hi and welcome.

We are us.....book lovers and users of e-reading devices, whether electronic or on paper!!!!

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Lisa, and Click image for larger version

Name:	books_wel.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	53339 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:16 AM   #9
lisamason
Lisa Mason
lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'lisamason understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Hi Cassady, Thanks for the post! I'm brand-new to MR and still hunting and pecking around. Perfect quote!
I also posted a new e-books announcement on the Writer's Corner Forum. More info there. Keep in touch. I'm also brand-new on Facebook (is that OK for me to say here?)
Old 06-18-2010, 02:20 AM   #10
lisamason
Lisa Mason

Hi Happy amd thanks for posting to my reply. I'm brand-new to MR and still hunting and pecking my way around.
I posted another announcement about SUMMER OF LOVE, A TIME TRAVEL on the Writer's Corner Forum. There's a lot more information there! Keep in touch!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #11
lisamason
Lisa Mason

Thanks for the welcome, Joyce. I'm still hunting and pecking my way around MR.
I did post another announcment about SUMMER OF LOVE, A TIME TRAVEL on the Writer's Corner Forum with lots more information. Check it out!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:28 AM   #12
lisamason
Lisa Mason

Hi Julia! I'm very happy to see your post! I've already heard similar comments. We're working on other formats but I don't have a definite timeline yet.
Thanks for your reply. I've also posted another announcement on the Writer's Corner Forum with lots more info about SUMMER OF LOVE, A TIME TRAVEL.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #13
lisamason
Lisa Mason

Thanks for your post Geoff, but first and foremost I love love love your kitty! Cats feature rather prominantly in SUMMER OF LOVE, A TIME TRAVEL. I'm still hunting and pecking around MR, but did post an announcement with lots more info. Check it out!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:38 AM   #14
lisamason
Lisa Mason

Hi Lady Blue and thanks for your welcome. That's quite an Eye! Artistic eyes feature rather prominently in SUMMER OF LOVE, A TIME TRAVEL (really). I'm still hunting and pecking around MR but posted another announcement on the Writer's Corner Forum. Check it out!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:41 AM   #15
lisamason
Lisa Mason

Hey Javed, Thanks for the post. I'm still learning the ropes at MR, but did post another announcement about SUMMER OF LOVE, A TIME TRAVEL on the Writer's Corner Forum with a lot more info. Check it out!

Tags
author, readers, science fiction book