Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
acsm file

I've tried downloading a book from the library directly to the boox. But it downloaded as an acsm file. I know on the computer I can open those with ADE. Just wondering if there is any way to open it on the reader without using a computer.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
I've tried downloading a book from the library directly to the boox. But it downloaded as an acsm file. I know on the computer I can open those with ADE. Just wondering if there is any way to open it on the reader without using a computer.
This file is not the eBook. It is the information required to download the real eBook. See ACSM in our wiki. The Reader would have to have an Internet connection to be able to download the book and there would need to be a program to recognize the acsm extension and know what to do. I do not believe the mobile ADE on the reader has this capability.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Thanks Dale.

I guess the only way this could work is if the reader connected to the net automatically when selecting the acsm file. Oh well I'll just do it on the computer. The library website is quite slow on the boox anyway because of all the graphics (ie. bookcovers etc.).
Old 05-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
The Boox can download the contents. I downloaded books I bought from shops on my Boox. The web browser on the Boox is quite clumsy, so I prefer to do it on my computer and then transfer the books by USB.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
frozennorth
Evangelist

The problem is that I can't access the acsm file on the boox while the boox is connected to the internet.

But that's ok. I opened the files with ADE on the computer to download the books and then transferred them via usb.
Advert