((w*12*60)/500)
Is this possible in iSilo? If how?
All help we´ll be appriciated
Yours
Peter
Old 08-02-2004, 06:58 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Peter,
I could be wrong because iSilo does do a lot, but I don't think it does that kind of calculation. I'd try something like DocumentsToGo for the Excel component, or maybe one of the free Basic programming languages...
Take care!
Old 08-02-2004, 08:32 AM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Yah, I think that you misunderstand what iSilo is for. It is only for reading, not for calculating. Perhaps you have it confused with something else.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:58 AM   #4
PeterL
PeterL began at the beginning.

Device: palm Tungsten E
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz
Yah, I think that you misunderstand what iSilo is for. It is only for reading, not for calculating. Perhaps you have it confused with something else.
I don´t think that I misunderstand. But I know that I can make calculations wit javascript, forms and ASP.
I was hoping that it´s possible to transslate this with the help of iSiloX
Old 08-03-2004, 05:02 AM   #5
Mobipocket
Enthusiast
Mobipocket began at the beginning.

Device: al
You can use the Mobipocket Reader javascript capabilities.

See calculators and quizzes on Mobipocket website : http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa....asp?feature=7
Old 08-03-2004, 04:05 PM   #6
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Peter, do you have a website in particular that you want to convert that we can use for testing?
Old 08-04-2004, 04:22 AM   #7
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Peter, iSiloX doesn't support Javascript (yet), which is a client-based script language. But if you implement your calculations with a server-based language such as php or asp, then the results will also be given by the server and converted nicely by iSilo.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:02 AM   #8
PeterL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Peter, iSiloX doesn't support Javascript (yet), which is a client-based script language. But if you implement your calculations with a server-based language such as php or asp, then the results will also be given by the server and converted nicely by iSilo.
But your sugggestion means that I have to do the calculation online - and than download the result to my palm?
I want to do the calculations direct on the handheld
Old 08-10-2004, 02:04 AM   #9
PeterL

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekweb
Peter, do you have a website in particular that you want to convert that we can use for testing?
I dont want to convert a website. I´ve writen pages directly to my handheld, and woud like to include calculating on it
Old 08-10-2004, 02:07 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Peter,

AFAIK this is not possible with iSilo or Plucker. But as user Mobipocket already answered, the Mobipocket Reader might be able to do that and you should give it a try.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:10 AM   #11
PeterL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobipocket
You can use the Mobipocket Reader javascript capabilities.

See calculators and quizzes on Mobipocket website : http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa....asp?feature=7
Are there any tutorials how I create those calcualors?
Old 08-10-2004, 06:05 AM   #12
Mobipocket
Enthusiast

There is not really tutorials about that, as this is usual HTML (<form>, <input> tags, ...) and javascript.
You need the PRCGEN command line tool to compile these eBooks, or you can use the Mobipocket Creator to build them (use a blank publication and add the HTML files you manually write).

You can get the PRCGEN SDK documentation here:
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...sPublisher.asp (freely downloadable).

We are going to publish a free version of the PRCGEN command line tool, along with the PRCGEN SDK. You will be able to use it to build free eBooks.

Please note that the PRCGEN SDK help describes the Javascript support in Mobipocket Reader 4.6. We now support functions, string objects, local/global variables, ... and ASP-like scripting in JavaScript (ECMA-262). You can also submit forms, and send them to a web server, via the Web Companion synchronization. This updated documentation will come soon.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:03 PM   #13
PeterL

Quote:
There is not really tutorials about that, as this is usual HTML (<form>, <input> tags, ...) and javascript.
You need the PRCGEN command line tool to compile these eBooks, or you can use the Mobipocket Creator to build them (use a blank publication and add the HTML files you manually write).

You can get the PRCGEN SDK documentation here:
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...sPublisher.asp (freely downloadable).

We are going to publish a free version of the PRCGEN command line tool, along with the PRCGEN SDK. You will be able to use it to build free eBooks.

Please note that the PRCGEN SDK help describes the Javascript support in Mobipocket Reader 4.6. We now support functions, string objects, local/global variables, ... and ASP-like scripting in JavaScript (ECMA-262). You can also submit forms, and send them to a web server, via the Web Companion synchronization. This updated documentation will come soon.
Could you please explain a litle bit more how this works? I downloaded the documentation, but didn´t fully understand..
Old 08-11-2004, 05:55 AM   #14
Mobipocket
Enthusiast

in an HTML file, you make you calculator. here is an example:

--------------------------------------------------------

<p>Guess the solution :</p>

<form name="my_form" onsubmit="if (mytext.value==solution.value) alert ('correct'); else alert (try again!); return false;">

<input type="text" name="my_text"/>
<input type="hidden" name="solution" value="test" />
<input type="submit" value="Let's see"/>
</form>
<a onclick="alert ("the solution was : " + document.my_form.solution.value);">see answer</a>
--------------------------------------------------------

Create a blank publicaton with the Mobipocket Creator, add the HTML file, build the eBook. Use the eBook with Mobipocket Reader. Please note that using the javascript capabilities requires the Mobipocket Reader Pro on your PDA.

You can do calculators, currency converter (like the eNews you can subscribe to in the Web Companion, and you can also see the HTML code inside)....
Old 08-13-2004, 08:15 AM   #15
plelkes
plelkes began at the beginning.

Quote:
Create a blank publicaton with the Mobipocket Creator, add the HTML file, build the eBook. Use the eBook with Mobipocket Reader. Please note that using the javascript capabilities requires the Mobipocket Reader Pro on your PDA.
So it´s enough to have Mobipocket Creator, I son´t need to have Mobipocket Publisher?

/Peter