Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #1
sebdea
sebdea began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo showing number of chapters/files

Hi,

My name is Sebastian. Recently I did some ebooks for a client. We checked them using either iBook or Adobe Digital Edition. I also used on my own Calibre. Everything was fine until the client came back to me stating that the ebook have a major error. When viewed on Kobo Arc there are numbers appearing in grey every time a chapter starts. Actually, the ebook has two HTML file: the cover and the body.

You will see in that image number two, smaller in grey right on the side of the title: Diabetes and Tobacco.

Why does the client think is an major error I have no idea? Why in fact Arc displays that also puzzles me. Those numbers are never displayed on iBook, Calibre or Adobe Digital Edition. I do not have a tablet to test it but I am sure that it is not something I done.

The ePubs were created in InDesign CC and exported as epub. I am doing this for all my clients. None were using Arc so far. Except this one.

Is there a setting in Arc to show/hide chapter numbers or the numbers of the chapter within an epub?

Warm regards,
Sebastian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diabetes_Tobacco.png
Views:	422
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	120403  
sebdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebdea View Post
Hi,

My name is Sebastian. Recently I did some ebooks for a client. We checked them using either iBook or Adobe Digital Edition. I also used on my own Calibre. Everything was fine until the client came back to me stating that the ebook have a major error. When viewed on Kobo Arc there are numbers appearing in grey every time a chapter starts. Actually, the ebook has two HTML file: the cover and the body.

You will see in that image number two, smaller in grey right on the side of the title: Diabetes and Tobacco.

Why does the client think is an major error I have no idea? Why in fact Arc displays that also puzzles me. Those numbers are never displayed on iBook, Calibre or Adobe Digital Edition. I do not have a tablet to test it but I am sure that it is not something I done.

The ePubs were created in InDesign CC and exported as epub. I am doing this for all my clients. None were using Arc so far. Except this one.

Is there a setting in Arc to show/hide chapter numbers or the numbers of the chapter within an epub?
Not certain about the Arc since I use a Kobo eInk ereader but that looks like the page number display. On the eInk ereaders, one of the settings under reading settings is to disable "Show page numbers in the margins". I'd suspect there is a similar setting on the Kobo tablets.

BTW, my copy of ADE 1.72 does display those synthetic Adobe page numbers as in the screenshot attached to this message.

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adobe page number.png
Views:	376
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	120421  

Last edited by DNSB; 03-17-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Added screenshot of ADE
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags