Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #76
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Thanks for the link, cjr! Lots of pics, posts, enthusiasm!

I'm wondering how much, if any, difference there is between the different models as far as case fit goes. Is the Note physically the same wherever you buy it?
I linked to the international Note forum on XDA. Their is also a forum specifically for the US AT&T variant. It is possible that there are physical differences between the various Notes. I know that is the case with my Galaxy S phone.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #77
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Sounds like there will be a physical difference between the original Note and Note 2! An even larger screen:

http://www.unwiredview.com/2012/06/0...ed-in-october/

Not sure how I feel about that. Any larger and I'm not sure it would be comfortable in my hand. The current model fits, but my smaller Galaxy Player is more comfy for me.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #78
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
What makes you think I'm a lesbian?
One of the best MR responses ever! LOL!
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #79
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
What makes you think I'm a lesbian?
Well, I assumed.... Always thought it unlikely that a woman would buy a phone like the Note.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #80
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Well, I assumed.... Always thought it unlikely that a woman would buy a phone like the Note.
I'm deliberately downplaying my Note to my wife, lest she wants one too!

But your right, she wouldn't buy one, she'd make me buy her one.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #81
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
I would have thought it "more" likely as we are the ones (usually...) who walk around with purses to put our phones in! No need for big pockets when you have a purse!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #82
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I would have thought it "more" likely as we are the ones (usually...) who walk around with purses to put our phones in! No need for big pockets when you have a purse!
Yep, *I* adore mine, though it just barely fits my hand. It's the fact that it's a tablet that fits in a small bag and is light and portable and doesn't weigh me down like one of the assorted 7" tablets out there would.

Hubby was smart, when he found the deal on the used Note. If he'd not given it to me for my birthday, I would had to have killed him for it. (How wild was that that the deal came up so timely?!!! Lucky me!)

The Note wasn't on *his* radar at all, but I'd been lusting for the Note since Xmas.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #83
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Yeah me too, my first thought this was a manly phone. So when my wife asked me for a Note I was surprised that and considering she had never asked me for a phone prior to the Note.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #84
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Since the Note is kind of butch you figured that had to be my orientation? I can see your point.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #85
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Good point, but the Note actually still does comfortably fit in my jeans' front pocket. But that is about the maximum size that would fit.

Anyway, your various comments clearly show, once again, that men will never understand women!

Last edited by HansTWN; 06-06-2012 at 07:15 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #86
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Ahh my Note arrived in Japan this morning and was finally released to the delivery service around 3pm today but I don't think it's going to make it here tonight! Curses!
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #87
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Anyway, your various comments clearly show, once again, that men will never understand women!
If you understand us, then your fascination will seize. Where would that leave us? We'd just be a bunch of shriveled old lesbians.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #88
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
". . . not that there's anything wrong with it . . ."

Seinfeld quote

Last edited by Filark; 06-12-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #89
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I got a 3 dollar typical plastic case, and then I ended up ordering this thing off of Ebay. Lord help me.
http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Leather...8595073&sr=1-3
Bump,

Did it come in yet? What are your thoughts about it? Does it add much bulk? I noticed the Amazon reviews (all three) were five stars, but then I'd expect nothing less from something this pricey!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #90
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I got the case the other day. I was very pleased with it and then very worried when I noticed that although mine comes with a snap enclosure, the pictures on Amazon show a magnet enclosure. So I contacted Zenus USA and they said that they would check with Zenus Korea to see whether or not it was counterfeit or not. But I went onto Zenus Korea's website and found their model and it also has a snap enclosure (as well as a magnet) so perhaps it's a regional variation.
Anyways with that worry out of the way, I really love it. It doesn't have that gorgeous deep brown leather look that the mockups have but apparently that's supposed to occur naturally with use and age. I love the way that it feels-so smooth and svelte. The case definitely increases the size of the phone. Naked or with just the silicon case I can slip it into my breast pocket but with the clasp on the leather case I can't make it fit. Actually, scratch that. I just tried it on the shirt I'm wearing today and it slips in just fine. I think it would still fit into most pants' pockets as well but you would definitely know it's there as it adds a decent amount to the thickness of the unit.
I noticed that you can flip the cover around and connect it with the clasp (or magnet depending on the model) and it acts as a good stand. Other than that, I don't know what else to say. It is definitely a premium product with a premium price. I'm a little disappointed that there's talk of changing the size of the GN2. If I were to upgrade at some point in time it would be nice to use the same case. I'll post some pictures shortly.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote