Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-22-2019, 09:00 PM   #1
ajitpattnaik
ajitpattnaik began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, 5th Gen
Smile converted content not match with input PDF

Hi ,

I am trying to convert one PDF book into EPUB out put. i found most of the content are miss placed and the output is of no use.

Please suggest.

Input:
"I was born into a middle-class Tamil family in the island town of Rameswaram in the erstwhile Madras state. My father, Jainulabdeen, had neither much formal education nor much wealth;"

Ouput:
"Whenever human beings find themselves alone, as a natural reaction, By the time the boat met its untimely end,*Ahmed Jallaluddin had they start looking for company.*Whenever they are in trouble, they look become a close friend of mine, despite the difference in our ages. He for someone to help them. Whenever they reach an impasse, they look was about 15 years older than I and used to call me*Azad.*We*used to to someone to show "
ajitpattnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
this will likely be because your PDF file has page scans with text underneath. calibre will convert the text not the scans. You would need to use some OCR software to convert the scans to textr first.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #3
ajitpattnaik
ajitpattnaik began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, 5th Gen
I convert the PDF into Word document and then use this Word to convert into EPUB. but got same result. Can you suggest how to come out of it.
ajitpattnaik is offline   Reply With Quote