regular expression - importing vs testing

My books are on my hard drive in the format:

Author - Series - Title

I would like to import them into calibre like:

author = Author
title = Series - Title

in v0.6.34, in preferences.add/save, i have changed the regular expression to:

(?P<author>[^-]+) - (?P<title>.+)

i test it with my file names, and it works as intended.

so i go back to add books, on the main menus, and choose my directory.

all the books import like:

author = Author
title = Title

i would expect the import engine to produce the same results as the test button did.

have i done this correctly?

thanks
pbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to check the option to read metadata from filesnames and not theinternal metadata in the file
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
gwelgoth
gwelgoth began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Hi kovidgoyal,
I have to import a huge library with almost all books in pdf format. I'm looking for best way now. If this option is on (read metadata from filesnames) then I am not getting covers from pdfs. But it looks very nice with covers therefore I wish to import covers too.
Is there only one way - to update somehow in batch metadata of books and when to import in calibre?
gwelgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a batch metadata edit dialog (click the arrow next to the edit meta information button)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
gwelgoth

It can't help me really because means much renames of title per book.
Many books don't have metadata, other - only field "title" with content "author - title", some books - instead of title and author - just a trash as for example "unknown".
So after import I have more as 70% books with wrong author/title.
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
gwelgoth

Hi kovidgoyal,
Is it right that I wrote before - I'll get covers only with option OFF - "read metadata only from file name" ? Would it possible to do the getting of covers separately from metadata? As separate option may be?
Brgds