Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-05-2019, 02:54 AM   #226
seti2
seti2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Please delete

Last edited by seti2; 04-05-2019 at 04:10 AM.
seti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #227
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by amin021023 View Post
I have already rooted it and I have already tried the koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2019.08.apk but it doesn't work.

And I thought I'd need to install the launcher prior to installing koreader.

Install an android launcher, better if it is optimized for e-ink, like https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320940

Install KOReader and launch it from your new launcher.

Quote:

The thing is that my rebranded boyue is locked so the only way to install apps on its original Rom (which I intend to keep) is to install them as system apps by pushing them apks to /system/app after mounting the /system through su and adb shell.
Probably you can install apks on user storage too, with
Code:
adb install pakage.apk
but new installed applications won't be shown on the original launcher.

If you get an error installing with adb install then you should push your apps to /system/app or /system/priv-app but I hope there is no need to do that.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2019, 08:51 PM   #228
amin021023
Enthusiast
amin021023 began at the beginning.

Device: Fidibook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Install an android launcher, better if it is optimized for e-ink, like https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320940

Install KOReader and launch it from your new launcher.

Probably you can install apks on user storage too, with
Code:
adb install pakage.apk
but new installed applications won't be shown on the original launcher.

If you get an error installing with adb install then you should push your apps to /system/app or /system/priv-app but I hope there is no need to do that.
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me,I really appreciate it.

What I forgot to mention is that I'm using nova launcher (2015 version by nightboy) and I see koreader icon after pushing the apk to /system/app/ but it fails to open saying it has stopped working or something else. Do you think changing the launcher is going to make a difference?
Btw I will try with adb install command but I highly doubt it'll work because as I said they have locked/limited the ability to install apps....
amin021023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:33 AM   #229
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
In that case you need to copy over the libraries, see https://github.com/koreader/android-...ment-520148127

Quote:
If you place the app in /system/app libraries go in /system/lib or /vendor/lib
if you place the app in /system/priv-app/koreader libraries go in system/priv-app/koreader/lib/{arm,x86}
(I have no idea why Android doesn't just do that, but whatever…)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #230
amin021023
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
In that case you need to copy over the libraries, see https://github.com/koreader/android-...ment-520148127

(I have no idea why Android doesn't just do that, but whatever…)
thanks,

but the link doesn't mention where to get them libraries

btw I tried
Code:
adb install
, no success as was expected.
Advert
Old 08-14-2019, 05:17 AM   #231
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks,

but the link doesn't mention where to get them libraries

btw I tried
Code:
adb install
, no success as was expected.
What kind of error is thrown? Could you please paste it here?
Old 08-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #232
amin021023
Enthusiast

Quote:
What kind of error is thrown? Could you please paste it here?
It throws back this:
Quote:
Performing Push Install
koreader.apk: 1 file pushed. 2.9 MB/s (32371441 bytes in 10.626s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/koreader.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]
And I tried copying the libraries to /system/lib and /vendor/lib but no success either.

Btw my Android version is 4.2 and my device is a rk3026, 6 inch 220 dpi and 1ghz dual core cpu.
As I mentioned in my previous posts, it's Android is locked to prevent app installation by the vendor... So the only solution seems to be installing with the /system/app method since I want to keep the Original Rom....

Btw I Ran a logcat on KOReader and attached it below if you're kind enough to take a look.

thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcatkoreaer.txt (327.6 KB, 386 views)

Last edited by amin021023; 08-15-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:58 PM   #233
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You could try resigning the .apk Not knowing what "they have locked/limited the ability to install apps" means it terms of how they actually implemented it. This would be an easy thing to try. I just use this one: EasyApkDisassembler.V1.3.2 to sign the .apk.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-16-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #234
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:

Btw I Ran a logcat on KOReader and attached it below if you're kind enough to take a look.

thanks,
Cool!

The error:

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 1129): Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load luajit from loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[dexPath=/system/app/koreader.5.2019.apk,libraryPath=/data/app-lib/koreader]: findLibrary returned null
The next step to try: https://github.com/koreader/android-...ment-522134962.

Please move the feedback to github to avoid duplication,
Old 08-16-2019, 06:02 PM   #235
amin021023
Enthusiast

Quote:
Cool!

The error:

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 1129): Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load luajit from loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[dexPath=/system/app/koreader.5.2019.apk,libraryPath=/data/app-lib/koreader]: findLibrary returned null
The next step to try: https://github.com/koreader/android-...ment-522134962.

Please move the feedback to github to avoid duplication,
Okay will do. Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You could try resigning the .apk Not knowing what "they have locked/limited the ability to install apps" means it terms of how they actually implemented it. This would be an easy thing to try. I just use this one: EasyApkDisassembler.V1.3.2 to sign the .apk.

Luck;
Ken
You brought up something very interesting, Thanks! But I didn't get most of it, how re-signing the apk could help us figure things out?
Old 09-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #236
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
It works on LikeBook Mimas and i did it my main reader in replacement of reader built-in Boyue Os, which is very buggy software. As i said in another post, button home and back work fine with KOReader, home retun to main screen, back return to last screen, reading epub file is like a real book.
Congratulation to devlopers team.
Can you control the frontlight from Koreader on your Mimas? It's not working on mine
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #237
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
Can you control the frontlight from Koreader on your Mimas? It's not working on mine
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-530560714
Old 11-20-2019, 08:25 AM   #238
Thlan0
Thlan0 began at the beginning.

Device: oneplus 5t, soon Kobo clara HD
Thank you for your work on koreader.

I am testing the last release on my amoled android device and I wonder if it was possible to change the police color in night mode.

It would be great to have a greyscale choice instead of only white for the police when background is black.

I use to read in dark and it would more confortable with less brightness.
Thlan0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #239
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If your device list is accurate, you can try OnePlus's "Reading" mode for KOReader (I assume it's going to be there on a 5T, I have it on a 6), it'll turn the app greyscale and sepia-ish, which I find works out pretty well in night mode.

Granted, this is a completely device-specific workaround, and has basically no relation to KOReader .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:45 AM   #240
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Also note the night mode toggle.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote