Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #1
swebert
__
swebert began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
MOBI Single-File Output?

(I try to read all of my ebook using iOS Kindle app on my iPad and iPhone.)

When I convert ebooks to the MOBI format, typically three files result: .mobi, .jpg & .opf, even if the input file was a MOBI single-file. (I do such conversions to fix author (sort order) and titles (to include series titles and number).)

Is it possible to output a MOBI single-file that includes the cover and metadata TOC?

If not, is there a single-file format (with cover and metadata TOC) that is compatible with the iOS Kindle app and Amazon's Kindle Library? (Amazon does not seem to like Calibre's .azw3 output files.)

My goal is to be able to e-mail a single file to Amazon for inclusion in my Kindle Library so as to preclude the necessity of downloading the three-file set to my iOS Kindle app via iTunes.

TIA

—Steve

Last edited by swebert; 04-26-2013 at 02:14 AM.
swebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebert View Post
My goal is to be able to e-mail a single file to Amazon for inclusion in my Kindle Library so as to preclude the necessity of downloading the three-file set to my iOS Kindle app via iTunes.
I don't have any idevice or kindle but I am relatively sure that of the three files the .mobi file is the only one you need to send or email to your device.

The cover.jpg and the metadata.opf are for calibre's use. The jpg for use in the cover browser and book details pane and the metadata.opf files are used as backup and needed to restore your metadata.db file in the event of corruption or accidental deletion.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I don't have any idevice or kindle but I am relatively sure that of the three files the .mobi file is the only one you need to send or email to your device.

The cover.jpg and the metadata.opf are for calibre's use. The jpg for use in the cover browser and book details pane and the metadata.opf files are used as backup and needed to restore your metadata.db file in the event of corruption or accidental deletion.
Correct
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote