Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
christineb
christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW, iphone 4, ipad 3
3rd party reading apps on Kindle Fire

3rd I recently got a Kindle Fire and I wanted to try one of the 3rd party reading Apps mentioned here. However both Mantano and Aldiko show up as incompatible in the Amazon store. Any advice? Are the apps compatible and if so how can I get them (my phone is a iphone so I'm new to non-apple apps)?
christineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
christineb
christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW, iphone 4, ipad 3
Ok, never mind, I found it and the both apps seem to work.
christineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Hi there!

You'd need to sideload them. Find ES Explorer in the Amazon Appstore, and then connect your Kindle to your computer. It'll automatically become a drive which you can access using Windows Explorer. Open it, and drop the APKs:

Here's Aldiko http://www.aldiko.com/download.html I'll go and get the free version of Mantano for you from Google Play.

Go into settings, and allow third-party sources applications to be installed (might be under security, I don't have my Kindle set up with the Amazon setup at the moment, but it's not hard to find ). After that, you'll want to disconnect the Kindle, open up ES Explorer, and find the files you added, click on it, and it'll ask you if you want to install them.

If you want me to, I can fix the fuzzy icons for you, some people like to use third-party launchers though.

EDIT: Glad you figured it out.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote