Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #16
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Does this mean I have to renumber them now? This is going suck if they play out of order.

They are still in order so I don't seem to have that problem. *phew* but the grey out really helps me know which is original and which is theirs.

The greyed out trick really does help! K to you!
Glad it helps!

(I think the ordering I mentioned is only seen immediately upon uploading an album.)
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Glad it helps!

(I think the ordering I mentioned is only seen immediately upon uploading an album.)
You mean the little pop up with the bar gauge?

I do tag my mp3s with Amazon's info using Media Monkey and MP3Tag.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
You mean the little pop up with the bar gauge?
No (although how full the bar immediately gets does indicate the % of tracks it matched) -- I mean that if you look at the newly imported album via the Amazon MP3 web interface immediately after uploading (by selecting it via the "Recently Added" or "Imported" playlists), it will show the uploaded tracks first, followed by the matched ones.

Or at least it does for me
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
No (although how full the bar immediately gets does indicate the % of tracks it matched) -- I mean that if you look at the newly imported album via the Amazon MP3 web interface immediately after uploading (by selecting it via the "Recently Added" or "Imported" playlists), it will show the uploaded tracks first, followed by the matched ones.

Or at least it does for me
Okay I get it now! Thanks again! I was looking in the wrong view.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #20
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
Ok im confused ...your mad at Amazon because Google cloud changed thier terms? you do know that amazon and google are two different corporations and amazon has no say whatso ever with google cloud. in fact Amazon has thier own cloud services. so there was no Bait & switch on amazon's part but on Googles part. you should be upset with google not amazon.

Here is the linkie to google cloud's support page if that help you better https://developers.google.com/storag...dterms#support good luck in getting anything resolved with google, everything from google is in perpetual beta with little to no support. for example they are still the only app store out ther that refuses to let you delet your apps permanently from your account and have used the same canned reply for the last 3 years on that issue.
It's obvious the OP meant Amazon cloud instead of Google cloud when complaining about the change of policy.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I stop streaming when I saw after listening to 4 songs I had used 130MB. I've never used more then 800MB a month now it's way higher with the new matching so no more streaming if I can help it. So I agree on bandwidth problems with streaming if you're on a data plan.
Why not limit your streaming to WiFi?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Why not limit your streaming to WiFi?
I have a bandwidth cap on my WiFi. I don't on my Data plan yet. I'm practicing for later on. I am told the only way I can keep my data plan to unlimited is to pay full price for a 4G Phone when the time comes.

I get 250GB a month through my WiFi which isn't too bad but hubby has his Roku. He watches with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon prime. So I have to sorta be careful not to hit it. We got a router now that keeps track of all this. My ISP is too lazy to let us know where we are at.
My husband is a serious TV watcher. So once he cancels cable. I can see our bandwidth cap in danger!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have a bandwidth cap on my WiFi. I don't on my Data plan yet. I'm practicing for later on. I am told the only way I can keep my data plan to unlimited is to pay full price for a 4G Phone when the time comes.

I get 250GB a month through my WiFi which isn't too bad but hubby has his Roku. He watches with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon prime. So I have to sorta be careful not to hit it. We got a router now that keeps track of all this. My ISP is too lazy to let us know where we are at.
My husband is a serious TV watcher. So once he cancels cable. I can see our bandwidth cap in danger!
Do you have Verizon? My internet is capped 250GB also. I'm safe (so far), because I tend to stream audio far more than I do video.

If these companies (manufacturers and providers) keep removing local storage from devices to force you into the cloud and then severely restrict your bandwidth; I'm going to rebel and go old school.

I'm going on vacation next month and wanted to take a tablet to watch videos. I passed on the Nexus 7 because it didn't have a card slot. I doubt there'll be any new quad-core 7" tablets with card slots at $199 by then. So, I plan to take my old DVD player and a bunch of DVDs. It's bulky and not as convenient as a tablet, but it works.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:24 AM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Do you have Verizon? My internet is capped 250GB also. I'm safe (so far), because I tend to stream audio far more than I do video.

If these companies (manufacturers and providers) keep removing local storage from devices to force you into the cloud and then severely restrict your bandwidth; I'm going to rebel and go old school.

I'm going on vacation next month and wanted to take a tablet to watch videos. I passed on the Nexus 7 because it didn't have a card slot. I doubt there'll be any new quad-core 7" tablets with card slots at $199 by then. So, I plan to take my old DVD player and a bunch of DVDs. It's bulky and not as convenient as a tablet, but it works.
Verizon is my cell. Charter is my ISP. Verizon did away unlimited plans and now have shared data plans. I think it's $80 for a measly 2GB and talk+text. then $15 a GB on overage. This is insane in the world of streaming. 2GB is used up in no time.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:40 AM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Verizon is my cell. Charter is my ISP. Verizon did away unlimited plans and now have shared data plans. I think it's $80 for a measly 2GB and talk+text. then $15 a GB on overage. This is insane in the world of streaming. 2GB is used up in no time.
I have Verizon also, but no data. It's too expensive for what they offer.

Consider going old school like me and ditch you data plan.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:48 AM   #26
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I have Verizon also, but no data. It's too expensive for what they offer.

Consider going old school like me and ditch you data plan.
I can't I live in the boonies. I need my data plan for bad weather and internet outages. I rely on the local weather app to keep us safe. We were just flooded out a couple weeks ago well not us but our town. I was alerted through the app and was able to keep hubby from driving into an overflowed river. That alone makes it worth every penny.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I can't I live in the boonies. I need my data plan for bad weather and internet outages. I rely on the local weather app to keep us safe. We were just flooded out a couple weeks ago well not us but our town. I was alerted through the app and was able to keep hubby from driving into an overflowed river. That alone makes it worth every penny.
That does make a difference. I'm a metro monkey in a large urban area.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #28
jduck
Connoisseur
jduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it is

Device: kindle Fire
Blossom I feel your pain. Having only satellite internet (or dialup) available where I live, with a 250MB/day cap, means I can't usefully strem anything at home. Add to that the fact that even if I wanted to pay out the wazoo for mobile data, I can barely get a voice signal at home so I doubt that would work either.

Because of this and the fact that it was clearly announced as a time-limited special, I never bothered to fill up my Amazon cloud drive with music, though I have to admit it's very convenient for mp3's I buy from Amazon since I can just have the music shuttled over there when I buy it and not have to download it right away.

I do sympathize with the OP but it was pretty clear last year that the huge storage space was a limited promo.
jduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #29
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It's obvious the OP meant Amazon cloud instead of Google cloud when complaining about the change of policy.
well in that case if they mean the amazon cloud ervice then that changes everything
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jduck View Post
Blossom I feel your pain. Having only satellite internet (or dialup) available where I live, with a 250MB/day cap, means I can't usefully strem anything at home. Add to that the fact that even if I wanted to pay out the wazoo for mobile data, I can barely get a voice signal at home so I doubt that would work either.

Because of this and the fact that it was clearly announced as a time-limited special, I never bothered to fill up my Amazon cloud drive with music, though I have to admit it's very convenient for mp3's I buy from Amazon since I can just have the music shuttled over there when I buy it and not have to download it right away.

I do sympathize with the OP but it was pretty clear last year that the huge storage space was a limited promo.
I know other people who are in the same boat. Thank goodness I have broadband! Although I pay for 30MB download speed I get about 5 to 15 depending on how bottlenecked the node is around here. Every Spring it acts up but it's better than dial-up by 100 times!

We have only one carrier this far out. All the others AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile don't do well this far out. So we pay a little more then we would like but I need my 3G!