Old 12-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
MrReset
Resident of Silent Hill
MrReset has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, PocketBook A10
Some problems with importing to Reader

Hi there!

I have a little problem with Calibre .28 & the TrekStor E-Book Reader 3:
I have two tiny txt-files (less than .2 Mb) added to the Calibre library and then transfered to the Reader. Allworks fine, calibre shows me, the files are in the library and on the Reader.
The next time i start calibre with the Reader connected it is only in the Calibre-Library but not on the Reader! I look with the Windows-Explorer and both files are on the Reader! Why kicks Calibre these files?

Last edited by MrReset; 12-01-2011 at 07:24 AM.
MrReset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrReset View Post
Hi there!

I have a little problem with Calibre .28 & the TrekStor E-Book Reader 3:
I have two tiny txt-files (less than .2 Mb) added to the Calibre library and then transfered to the Reader. Allworks fine, calibre shows me, the files are in the library and on the Reader.
The next time i start calibre with the Reader connected it is only in the Calibre-Library but not on the Reader! I look with the Windows-Explorer and both files are on the Reader! Why kicks Calibre these files?
Did you wait for the task wheel to stop?
Calibre takes time to inventory your reader.

Shortly (not instant), after connecting your device, a New column should appear: 'On Device'. The column has not been populated yet (This is why the wheel is spinning. It is collecting a list of previously known books and scanning for changes.).

Note that Calibre leaves non-book 2 files on your device that help with this: Metadata.calibre and driveinfo.calibre. If you delete these, the process takes longer before Device status is updated.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
MrReset
Resident of Silent Hill
MrReset has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, PocketBook A10
@theducks

I wait until calibre says: tasks 0
I close calibre, close calibre on the taskbar and disconnect the reader.
The files are def. on the reader, but the next time i start calibre, calibre says they don't ...
MrReset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrReset View Post
@theducks

I wait until calibre says: tasks 0
I close calibre, close calibre on the taskbar and disconnect the reader.
The files are def. on the reader, but the next time i start calibre, calibre says they don't ...
You can leave Calibre running, but you must 'Safely Eject' (There is an eject item on the device arrow) your device in all cases. Files can be buffered (cached for performance. IMHO set all detachable devices to ... for quick removal and take the speed hit ) by your system.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote