Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 03:46 AM   #1
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast
JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
MOBI with video

Hi all, don't know if this is where to post. Appologies if not

Does anyone know how to take advantage of the new Knidle with "Kindle Edition with Audio/Video" on the ipad. Does Calibre do this when it compiles to MOBI?

Any advice would be greatly received

Thanks Jason
JasonPaulClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Calibre doesn't handle video in any way.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast
JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks for that. I got an epub working to incorporate video using html 5 for the IPad so wondered if you could the same with the kindle....anywho I'll keep looking, but thanks for your response.

best wishes
Old 02-10-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaulClaire View Post
Thanks for that. I got an epub working to incorporate video using html 5 for the IPad so wondered if you could the same with the kindle....anywho I'll keep looking, but thanks for your response.

best wishes
Seeing as Amazon's products are all based on E-Ink, and I haven't seen any rumors about that changing, I don't think this would be possible any time soon/if ever.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Seeing as Amazon's products are all based on E-Ink, and I haven't seen any rumors about that changing, I don't think this would be possible any time soon/if ever.
He stated that it was for the new Kindle App with Audio/Video for the iPad.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #6
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
He stated that it was for the new Kindle App with Audio/Video for the iPad.
Oops, missed that - still seems like a strange move on Amazon's part, but whatever...
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
still seems like a strange move on Amazon's part, but whatever...
True.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast

I know, but I think that they've seen that IPad/Pod can support books with video and that people like this feature. I think they've seen the opportunity to piggy back this. I've got to grips with the kindle and epub with video thing (extended epub if you like) hopefully someone will have more info at some point

Best wishes all
Jason
Old 02-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
See the section "Audio and Video Guidelines" starting on page 22 of the current version (1.8) of Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines (PDF) (the link to that PDF is on the Kindle Publishing Programs page on the Amazon website).
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:50 AM   #10
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast

COOL. Thanks for that Donna. I'll follow your link and check it out

Warmest regards
Jason

Tags
kindle with audio/video