Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 07-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
Tweaking the Calibre Web Server

Is there a way to tweak the cherrypy Calibre Library webserver? I see stuff in: calibre/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cherrypy

I want to set a robots.txt and use SSL (HTTPS). Is there a *.conf file I can edit somewhere?

thanks

Last edited by Geremia; 07-10-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Why not just reverse proxy it through apache?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Why not just reverse proxy it through apache?
Hmm… There's an idea. thanks
Old 07-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremia View Post
Hmm… There's an idea. thanks
Especially because it is the official calibre recommendation, too: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I use an apache reverse proxy to do exactly what you want, SSL and auth. I use digest auth. My library is at "https://my-site/library", so I have calibre set up with a prefix. I use port 9192 internally between calibre and apache. That port is not permitted through the firewall.

The section in the ssl-sites config file looks like:
Code:
        <Location "/library">
                AuthType Digest
                AuthName "Whatever you want"
                AuthDigestDomain /

AuthDigestProvider file
                AuthUserFile path-to-file-for-digest-passwords
                Require valid-user
        </Location>
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteRule ^/library/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9192/library/$1 [proxy]
        RewriteRule ^/library http://127.0.0.1:9192 [proxy]
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #6
Geremia
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Especially because it is the official calibre recommendation, too: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html
thanks
I didn't know about calibre-server's "--url-prefix"; that's useful.

Tags
calibre, webserver