Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
newnu
newnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: waveshare
Is the Max3 monitor mode improved over Max2?

Are there any Max3 owners who can comment on whether the monitor mode has seen any improvement over the Max2 or Max2 Pro?
Thanks.
newnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
xoanohn
Connoisseur
xoanohn doesn't litterxoanohn doesn't litter

Device: Aura One, Aura, H2O, ipad pro 12.9 (2015 and 2017), PRS-T1, PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnu View Post
Are there any Max3 owners who can comment on whether the monitor mode has seen any improvement over the Max2 or Max2 Pro?
Thanks.
I’ve been able to find only one reviewer from Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/ereader/com..._3_is_amazing/

And he says that “Max 3 second monitor feature sucks. The screen was very laggy and the contrast was bad. I couldn’t read much.”
xoanohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2019, 12:33 PM   #3
newnu
newnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternewnu can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoanohn View Post
And he says that “Max 3 second monitor feature sucks. The screen was very laggy and the contrast was bad. I couldn’t read much.”
Honestly I don't think I can give that guy's opinion much weight. He sounds like he tried it momentarily then gave up. Perhaps he was doing something wrong. I'm surprised he complained that it was laggy when it is after all e-Ink.

My use case is black text on white background so I doubt I'd have a problem. But it's always good to get confirmation since the monitor app might have needed substantial refactoring for Android 9.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #4
newnu

Looking at the Boox Max 3 monitor mode video just posted to Youtube, I think I see what the Reddit guy was complaining about. In text mode, the contrast is is increased, therefore e.g. the midrange grays appear too dark. My guess is what they are switching to 2 bits per pixel in that mode. I'm not sure that's a great look when looking at the desktop but for full-screen Terminal / command window it could work fine.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:47 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Here BOOX MAX3 is the specs and additional features in our wiki. Yes it is an improvement.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert