Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
NC won't turn on

I think my NC is bricked! I turned it off to restart it because the WiFi was acting up and it will not turn back on.

I plugged in the wall to charge overnight, even though the battery was at something like 70%. I've plugged it in my laptop. I've pressed every combination of buttons for every amount of time suggested at every site and forum I've read online. I even pressed vol up + N + power to do a factory reset and it will not come on. Not even so much as a screen flicker.

I was really enjoying it. I've only had it for 10 days so I'm about ready to send it back, but I figured MR might have some tips.... anyone? anything? Bueller?
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Make sure you press and hold the power button not n for a long time 15 seconds. If you see a flash then it is going to start. After this press if it doesn't start press again for a long press and hope it flashes.

Sometimes it is on without a backlight and takes a long press to turn off.

If no luck call up B&N and they will ship you a new one and you can just return that one after it comes. You could try a store return as well if that is more convenient
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I held the power button for a long time several different times. Pretty much anywhere between 5 and 60 seconds. Nothing. I'm about to call B&N now. I just wish I knew what happened to it since it was working fine the whole time up till now.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Sounds like it was just a dud. The only thing I've seen suggested that revives NCs from this state is to hold 'n'+ power, but it sounds like you probably tried that.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
dereksurfs
dereksurfs began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Sounds like it was just a dud. The only thing I've seen suggested that revives NCs from this state is to hold 'n'+ power, but it sounds like you probably tried that.
Thanks, I just had the same problem with 1.5 y/o old NC. Never happened before, but holding 'n' + power turned it back on. I'm still not sure if there is some hardware issue/failure going on which caused this. I guess time will tell.

Derek
dereksurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Hi banjobama,

If you are using an SD card have you tried removing it and then the various reset methods?
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
banjobama
Busy Read'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninTech View Post
Hi banjobama,

If you are using an SD card have you tried removing it and then the various reset methods?
This is a pretty old thread. BN long ago replaced my Nook Color with a new one, which works great. Thanks for the reply.