Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-23-2021, 02:40 AM   #1
metallserge
metallserge began at the beginning.

Device: none
EPUB to PDF: hyperlinks that span lines make all of both lines clickable

I'm having exact same issue as in this github thread
(I don't know what pdf convertor Calibre uses anyway, but issues are identical):

https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/wkhtmltopdf/issues/2422

I'll also use their text to describe it: "When a hyperlink (<a href...>) spans a line, clicking anywhere in either of the lines will activate the link."

Calibre version: 5.27

Below is screenshot with my mouse pointed outside of links (actually my Lightshot app failed to capture mouse pointer itself, and I'm indicating it's position with an arrow)
Click image for larger version

Name:	link_issue.png
Views:	126
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	189360

And below are example .epub file, pdf job details and output .pdf file
LinkLineSpan.epub
link_issue.txt
Link line span example - Unknown.pdf

It's not critical, but I'd like to deal with it
(and of course thank you for excellent tool!)

Last edited by metallserge; 09-23-2021 at 02:44 AM.
metallserge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a limitation of chromium which both wkhtmltopdf and calibre use as the backend for rendering html to pdf.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2021, 05:10 AM   #3
metallserge

thanks for reply,
is there any suggestion how I can fix this from my side?

I saw in that thread one suggestion, split original url into parts - on each line

Do you maybe have any other?
Old 09-23-2021, 05:25 AM   #4
metallserge

btw, I just opened that index.html in chrome, pressed ctrl+P and saved print as pdf - and there was no such issue

Maybe, there is some option... I'll try later to use call to chromium programmatically and check
Old 09-23-2021, 06:39 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallserge View Post
btw, I just opened that index.html in chrome, pressed ctrl+P and saved print as pdf - and there was no such issue

Maybe, there is some option... I'll try later to use call to chromium programmatically and check
That's nice then you just need to wait till Qt WebEngine and hence calibre move to using whatever version of chromium that is.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 09-23-2021 at 06:48 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert