Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-21-2021, 08:53 PM   #1
renzopalmieri
renzopalmieri began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares
!!Help. I need original Likebook Ares firmware or rom.trying install last update

Try installing the latest Likebook ares update, with the provided pdf, for Android 8.1. I installed it, according to what it says, but when it started, it first showed a message saying erraser, and then it was blank, it never entered the system.
Later, I was able to enter the recovery mode, I tried to install the K78-Ares Note-8.1 Upgrade-V3.0.1, through the recovery mode, but I did not get it, it asks for an update.zip. I renamed it, but still with error.
Later I read some places, that this was an update, and it does not have the full android. Well, it should be updated within the android 6 system, I guess. But I never read that in the official documentation, at this link. https://mega.nz/file/3dgTWAwA#XXQWt8...2rO4tuEMfWRBYQ

My idea is if someone can give me the room or original firmware of the likebook ares so that it is not like a paperweight, and to be able to install it with the recovery mode of the device.
Or if someone has the room already updated from the likebook ares with full android 8, to install it also with the recovery mode.
Thanks a lot
renzopalmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:43 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Here is the complete 8.1 Ares Update
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2021, 02:39 PM   #3
renzopalmieri

help!

Thanks , but this link is only to update android 8.1 of Boyue .
K78-Ares Note-8.1 Upgrade-V3.0.1 ,
th
With which I already tried, it did not work, to be able to restore the device with the recovery mode.
Thanks
Old 03-22-2021, 02:44 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzopalmieri View Post
but this link is only to update android 8.1 of Boyue .
K78-Ares Note-8.1 Upgrade-V3.0.1 ,
th
With which I already tried, it did not work, to be able to restore the device with the recovery mode.
Thanks
What did not work with this downloaded Ares update?
Old 03-22-2021, 04:20 PM   #5
renzopalmieri

This does not work with the recovery mode, I already tried to use this file, precisely with this firmware I left my likebook broken with the program that Boyee gave which is from Rockchip.
I think because it is an update, and I tried to install it, and that is why it does not work in the recovery mode.
I really appreciate your attention and I hope to get my ebook back.
Advert
Old 03-22-2021, 04:28 PM   #6
renzopalmieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
What did not work with this downloaded Ares update?
The link you gave me, takes me exactly, to this link
to download the firmware, https://mega.nz/file/jUI3SQJa#k_yGLN...gkpdaG1WoYx6mQ, and this did download
K78-Ares Note-8.1 Upgrade-V3.0.1,
It is exactly what gave me the eraser mensagem after the supposed installation with the rockchip programs, and it does not work with the recovery mode.
I am begging if someone can give me a firmware that I can restore with the recovery mode of my likebook ares.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:43 PM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
to download the firmware, https://mega.nz/file/jUI3SQJa#k_yGLN...gkpdaG1WoYx6mQ, and this did download
It is exactly what gave me the eraser mensagem after the supposed installation with the rockchip programs, and it does not work with the recovery mode.
I am begging if someone can give me a firmware that I can restore with the recovery mode of my likebook ares.
Did you use my data and the image I attached?

And why do you want a firmware that you can restore using the recovery mode of your ares?

Last edited by ottischwenk; 03-22-2021 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #8
renzopalmieri

Quote:
Did you use my data and the image I attached?

And why do you want a firmware that you can restore using the recovery mode of your ares?
because it is the only mode of operation, since it did not work, because I tried to install an update.
I entered their link, but there is no firmware image there, only the Boyue configuration pdf, with the download link for them, which I also use.
If you can upload it again in the mega link, which I publish, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:12 AM   #9
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
because it is the only mode of operation, since it did not work, because I tried to install an update.
I entered their link, but there is no firmware image there, only the Boyue configuration pdf, with the download link for them, which I also use.
If you can upload it again in the mega link, which I publish, I would greatly appreciate it.
Did you use the image which is in the Android_tool.... folder - Update-Ares.img (1.62 GB)?

Last edited by ottischwenk; 03-23-2021 at 02:27 AM.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:37 AM   #10
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Oh, this link loads K78-Ares Note-8.1 Upgrade-V3.0.1.zip.
Did you unzip it?
It contains update-131.img - and this is the firmware.
The link from me contains Update-Ares.img and that is also the firmware.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 03-23-2021 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:21 AM   #11
renzopalmieri

Quote:
Oh, this link loads K78-Ares Note-8.1 Upgrade-V3.0.1.zip.
Did you unzip it?
It contains update-131.img - and this is the firmware.
The link from me contains Update-Ares.img and that is also the firmware.
Yes of course, in all path , This file I installed with rockchip Android Tools 2.3
but in the end , when the app show finished update, in the device show eraser.
When I try install this file with recovery mode does not recognize img.
Of course, it's obvious, I unzipped the file, even renamed it with update.zip, so I could try to install directly from recovery mode.
I would expect to have another Android 8.1 file, not the one from Boyue, because it does not work with android mode, or the original likebook ares file.
Really thank you very much for your time, but I leave remarking, the file you sent me is the same as Boyue Ares, as I say, is identical to use K78-Ares Note-8.1 Upgrade-V3.0.1, I did not work with rockchip tools, and not with the recovery mode.
Thank you very much.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #12
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Yes of course, in all path , This file I installed with rockchip Android Tools 2.3
I sent Android Tools 2.58!
Have you tried that too?
Old 03-23-2021, 11:40 AM   #13
renzopalmieri

Quote:
I sent Android Tools 2.58!
Have you tried that too?
Working! , in the file you send me in mega link,
this worked with that application and it worked with that firmware, which is inside the folder AndroidTool_Release_v2.58, thank you very much,
only that the touch with the finger does not work, only with pencil, you know how to solve it, some configuration within the likebook.
I really appreciate your time and effort.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:50 AM   #14
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
only that the touch with the finger does not work, only with pencil, you know how to solve it, some configuration within the likebook.
No - this I donot know.
Did you try the update with the Mars file?
Old 03-24-2021, 07:58 PM   #15
renzopalmieri

Quote:
No - this I donot know.
Did you try the update with the Mars file?
Yes, of course,
I tried to install the Mars but it was worse, the Android operating system turned upside down, and it did not allow me to move forward, for now I can use it, but only with a pencil, in case someone has the likebook ares firmware android 6.1, or the firmware corrected touch, that would be great. Postscript, I already updated with all patches. Same behavior.