Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-07-2021, 01:01 AM   #31
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
hi, this is not for the film, this is for the inner design and thicker glass coverlens( tempered glass) to make the body more strong.
Do you mean the eink substrate is now less prone to break? The body is stronger, but if the substrate is not, it can break because a temperature change, for example, or a vibration caused by a drop.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:50 AM   #32
squiresque
Enthusiast
squiresque began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
With my Alita under Android 8.1 I have 23 GB (what was left of 32 GB) + 512 GB (SD card) = 535 GB storage option.
At the moment I use about 420 GB of it - with 53 (P10) I only start very little.

The P10 is much worse than the Alita in every respect and, in my opinion, not worth the discount.

Of course, the direct costs for an SD slot are slightly less than 32 GB more flash, but a built-in and functioning SD slot is more expensive to produce and of course much more valuable.
If I may ask, which 512GB micro SD card are you successfully using with Alita? Is it the upgrade to Android 8.1 that eliminated the stated 128GB limitation? Thank you.
squiresque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2021, 05:51 AM   #33
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiresque View Post
If I may ask, which 512GB micro SD card are you successfully using with Alita? Is it the upgrade to Android 8.1 that eliminated the stated 128GB limitation? Thank you.
With Android 8.1 I have changed the SD card installation.
I now use them as a mobile card divided into 64 MB free, and then the rest partitioned and formatted as NTFS.
Cards I have tried and they work: Samsung Evo Plus and Sandisk Extreme.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:07 PM   #34
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Has anyone tried screen mirroring with this?

I realize this doesn't have an hdmi port for native monitor capabilities, but I have screen mirroring software which works on the Mars. Just too small to be practical, trouble detecting resolution, and bad orientation.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:55 PM   #35
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Has anyone tried screen mirroring with this?

I realize this doesn't have an hdmi port for native monitor capabilities, but I have screen mirroring software which works on the Mars. Just too small to be practical, trouble detecting resolution, and bad orientation.
I only know the technical data, but the P10 has fewer pixels than the Likebook Mars.
Advert
Old 05-06-2021, 07:46 AM   #36
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
… I have screen mirroring software which works on the Mars.
Which software is that and how is it installed?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:28 PM   #37
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've tried the Splashtop XWindows demo and the AirReceiverLite demo.

... And I shouldn't have said I have either one working.

I minimized the flashing behind the mouse cursor by using A2 mode, I got the screen orientation using another app, but I don't think I can get it to recognize the resolution, I definitely can't get it to recognize the grayscale color profile, and I get rapid flickering when nothing is happening. Like a very old fluorescent bulb.

If it's flickering because of temporal dithering, I may need to dual-boot with Linux, or get an auxiliary video card, or something. And I would face the same problems now, or with a usb-c device like the P10, or an hdmi device.

If it's flickering because of poor connections, I can test that using Airplay at different distances and positions, and I might avoid that with a usb-c device like the P10.

P.S. Distance doesn't seem to affect that.

If it's flickering because it doesn't recognize the resolution and color profile, I'm sure there's a software workaround but I'm not sure what it is.

Last edited by MarjaE; 05-06-2021 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:05 AM   #38
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Splashtop XWindows demo and the AirReceiverLite demo.
I didn't see those on Playstore. Plenty of other X-Window servers, which:
1)Were all Wireless, I'd want USB.
2)Only Linux will work well with an XWindows server and some applications won't work with a Wireless or LAN or USB Network remote XWindow display, only a local device.
3)A VNC client is likely more compatible for Wireless and all applications. It will also work with Windows, Mac and Linux VNC servers.

The Remote display is a Server, when it's XWindows, but a Client when it's VNC.

I saw there were lots of apps on Playstore for XWindows Server and VNC Client. I'd probably test on the 10" Lenovo tablet first.

Basically compatibility is limited and performance poor using remote Xwindows, VNC, RDP, screencasting (Usually phone to TV or laptop, but the other direction is possible). Really you need Display Port, HDMI, DVI-D or DVI-A or VGA on an external screen. Some external screens only have USB-C for video, but it's not actually USB, but a sort of DP/HDMI on extra wires. So some laptop host USB-C ports don't work and a non USB-C adaptor from USB-A (V2 or V3) also won't work. You can easily get USB-C to HDMI or DP adaptor that work, but only if the laptop USB-C port has video on it.

USB-C is really four different systems bundled and only one is really USB. It's a stupid design. Avoid buying a screen that has USB-C only, unless it's for a Mac with USB-C. Quite a few Windows laptops with USB-C can drive them, either due to driver issues or not actually having the video wires on the socket.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:39 PM   #39
MarjaE
Guru

I was referring to this demo: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lay.wired.free and it's pay version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...play.wired.pro

I went with Duet Display which doesn't seem to flicker.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:57 AM   #40
Ereadlog
Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
how do you find stability of P10 ? I have a lot of problems with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereadlog View Post
I'm having quite annoying time with my new Likebook P10 - basically experience some stability problem after each 3h of using it: either complete or temporary hanging; note I have disabled google frame; I don't even do any multi app usage (so RAM should not be problem, few times I checked it was always 1+GB free out of 2GB), basically just use EinkBro browser (1-3 tabs) or default book reader

Some of my problems with this device:
1. hanged 2x*permanently (I restarted after 30s+): 1st after 3h of using, while notetaking; the note was permanently lost ! I used default note taking app; 2nd after like 30m after switch on, just while switching light
2. hanged temporarily for like 10-20 seconds once, no reaction; a few times it hanged for 5-10s, even when reading epub with default app; once hang for like 30s, I could still lock and unlock*screen, but not change to different app. Then it throw message ,,boyou os is not responding,, and give option to close app (default epub reader app)
3. sometimes when note taking it lags 3 seconds before showing on screen what you just wrote
4. does not respect choice for wallpapers - regardless if u set to random from gallery or set specific, it will still push stupid likebook logo wallpaper very often ( 66% of the time when you just click lock button); changing option "using pushed..." doesn't fix this
5. options that do nothing, no idea how they work, even after reading manual "using pushed wallpaper"; generally very poor english
6. Floating ball doesn't work, the setting to enable it doesn't work (maybe cause i disable google framework, idk)
7. system apps like ebook reader,* or notepad are all called "Boyou OS" in the background management
8. physical middle back button is not very good- not responsive, often doesn't work
Ereadlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:50 AM   #41
majeed9010
majeed9010 began at the beginning.

Device: likebook boyue p10
hi

i have likebook boyue p10

i want change font to blod

how ?
majeed9010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:49 PM   #42
MarjaE
Guru

I should clarify: Duet Display worked with the Mars, but not the P10. Twomon worked with the P10 but could be frustrating due to trouble starting it, limited screen size, fullscreen apps on the main screen making both screens go blank, etc.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:26 AM   #43
skayme
skayme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 / Sony 505
I have P10 and looks fantastic. But the stylus have a little of lag. Do I need to set A2 when I use Notepad app?
skayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:38 AM   #44
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayme View Post
I have P10 and looks fantastic. But the stylus have a little of lag. Do I need to set A2 when I use Notepad app?
Calibrate the pen.
Old 01-01-2022, 04:41 AM   #45
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Tatotuo P101 (Likebook P10 Rebrand)

I've found the Taotuo P101 in the german amazon shop and bought it for 99€ which is about 112$.

The Taotuo P101 is basically a Likebook P10. It shipped with BYRead-V1.0.0 and I could not update automatically as it said, that this version the newest.
But I successfully installed the BYRead-V3.1.1 manually.

The packaging is just a black box, which has many storage marks but the device itself looks like it's new. It came with the properitary stylus with a nib, one AAAA battery, a spare nib, a metal clip to exchange the nibs and the USB-C cable

After I posted it on a german ereader forum, it was sold out quickly in a few days, while the price changed up to 139€. I guess the seller had it lying in the amazon warehouse and wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible to avoid the storage fees.

AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote