Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
cmarois
cmarois began at the beginning.

Device: None
Mobi Files

I have been having trouble opening certain mobi files in the e-reader, they are usually large (encyclopedias & dictionaries mainly). For some reason they time out when I try to load the flow and others don't even show the covering page forget about the contents. I have not been able to get a mobipockets app so I don't know if they are formed right or not. Is there somethings besides the calibre e-reader or mobipockets I can use to check and see if they are able to be opened at all
cmarois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try installing "Kindle for PC" (a free download from Amazon) and use that to view your Mobi files.

Where did these files come from?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert