Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-24-2022, 04:47 AM   #106
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SofiOlguin View Post
If we have a well-styled docx, Word2Epub will give us a good result.
Calibre and Sigil are better. Also the ePub export in current LO Writer or plug-in for earlier LO Writer (or OO Writer) is poorer than extra Save As in docx and convert in Calibre.

The Sigil or Calibre edit of CSS will allow fine tune of image sizes (such as fixed, or auto one axis with % of container (which might be screen) on the other access.

You are right that the styles / formatting need to be right. Do formatting / styles from proofed epub in a copy of the final Word/Writer document for PDF export. The same styles & format don't suit both.

Last edited by Quoth; 09-24-2022 at 04:49 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 05:23 PM   #107
salmobytes
salmobytes began at the beginning.

Device: pixel3xl
I develop in HTML and then convert directly to epub with ebooklib from github.

From a series of home-rolled bash and python scripts I can generate a hierarchical TOC. The output I get validates with epubcheck, if and only if I do not try to include SVG files and/or any (possibly) externally-hosted audio of video.

I can do those things, in ways most but not all readers work with. But epubcheck does barf on the codes I write (only for external video). What I do does require programming skills. But that does demonstrate it could someday be done for a wider audience.

HTML is easily transformed into Microsoft Word format too, using pandoc. Word does seem to be the format editors want. The only time I ever use Word is for corresponding with prospective editors.
salmobytes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub application, epub creation, epub editor, wishlist