Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-16-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
kwnewton
kwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle
Calibre epub editor stopped working entirely!

Hi! I have used Calibre for conversion often but recently I needed to edit the epub file. I looked on the web and it said to right click to open the file, The first time worked like a charm, but I realized looking at the HTML that I did not know what value I needed to substitute in a specific tag attribute. I did some research and came back to the same book but must gave done something really wrong because now the edit function won't work at all! It will launch but the right side of the window just has the default message and the left side is blank. It's that way for every book I try. I even uninstalled and redownloaded the program. No change!

HELP!
kwnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Perhaps you hid the File Browser, check it in here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-17 080236.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	182814

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:15 PM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Which file did you right-click, an epub?

I usually go in through the GUI or directly through "C:\Program Files\Calibre2\ebook-edit.exe"

"Stopped working entirely" -- how specifically?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-16 191127.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	544.6 KB
ID:	182816  
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:54 PM   #4
kwnewton
kwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle
That worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Perhaps you hid the File Browser, check it in here:

Attachment 182814

BR
Thanks so much!
kwnewton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub editor