Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-23-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
anleva
Enthusiast
anleva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Sharing by Email Issue

I've set up Calibre to automatically download scheduled news and email it to my Kindle account. I have Calibre launched, always running and minimized in Ubuntu 16.04.

I notice Calibre crashes often in this sort of configuration. Ubuntu doesn't like something about Calibre being open while other apps are being used, i.e. Kodi. I then see that it crashed and get crash reports.

Is it possible to run this in a non-GUI way, maybe as a background server process? Or something else I can do to keep it from going down so often?

Thanks
anleva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
YOu can do all those operations using the command line tools in calibre. Set them up in a cron job/systemd timer, if you prefer. As for the crashes, you'd need ot post some crash reports otherwise there is no way for anyone to help you.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #3
anleva
Enthusiast
anleva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
What Calibre command line tools are you suggesting?

Calibre --start-in-tray
Calibre --shutdown-running-calibre

So just run those as cron jobs? Start before the downloads are scheduled and stop after they would be completed?

Also where might Ubuntu store the complete Calibre crash reports? If I can find one I'll attached.

Thanks
anleva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:27 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ebook-convert to download a recipe, calibre-smtp to mail them

I have no idea where Ubuntu stores crash reports.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:28 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...n-linux-server
Advert