Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-21-2015, 05:35 PM   #46
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Good job, Brucelee, a nice app.

I had translated the language file for French, can you please add it in your repository ?

Many thanks.
Druss
Attached Files
File Type: zip fr.mo.zip (8.3 KB, 491 views)
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:47 AM   #47
Elidevin
Elidevin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elidevin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elidevin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elidevin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 623
There is new the language file for Russian.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ru.mo.zip (10.1 KB, 488 views)

Last edited by Elidevin; 03-22-2015 at 09:25 AM. Reason: little fix
Elidevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2015, 05:49 AM   #48
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by druss67 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elidevin View Post
Commited changes in the git repository. Will be available in the next version.

Edit:
Available in the dev version.

Last edited by brucelee; 03-23-2015 at 06:41 AM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #49
RUSsiya90
RUSsiya90 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 2 lux (626)
I really hope for the implementation of the work with the book, read the book before when in paper format, always stressed singled erase pencil on the book, making notes. I'd like to see the opportunity to work with and implementation of the book, the ability to allocate? washed create notes - full-time job with a book in e-book program CoolREader, in FBreader It will be a huge breakthrough for the program, such an implementation, please postorayus to implement full-scale operation with a book-notes ... It is waiting When you can create such a possibility, with the work program e-book turns into a full-fledged tool for reading and working with the book.

Members of Russia are waiting on your professionalism, this implementation, and will be very happy and excited, I think other countries will also be very pleased
RUSsiya90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:46 AM   #50
maslukov
maslukov began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 602
Hi brucelee! Will it work on PocketBook Pro 602?
maslukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2015, 09:46 AM   #51
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I think it should work with the 360 build. Though I'm not sure. Try and post the result.
You can try the pro4 build too.
The pro5 build definitely doesn't work unless you have FW5 (as reported by j0r13n).

Last edited by brucelee; 03-25-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:04 AM   #52
maslukov

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
I think it should work with the 360 build. Though I'm not sure. Try and post the result.
You can try the pro4 build too.
The pro5 build definitely doesn't work unless you have FW5 (as reported by j0r13n).
Dear brucelee, the 360 build doesn't work...

log for the pro4 build:
crengine.log.txt

Last edited by maslukov; 03-26-2015 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:18 PM   #53
brucelee
Addict

New version 0.0.6-16-13:
Quote:
- OTA Update through Github
- Added tap action: OTA Update
- Updated freetype to 2.5.5
- Fix dictionary window jumping around
- Updated Russian translation (Elidevin)
- Updated French translation (Druss Lahache)
- Automated the package publishing
OTA Update might screw your keymapping, so be careful and make a backup (first time only).
That's because it replaces the system/bin/cr3-pb.app and system/share/cr3 paths.
So if you have problems send me the correct keymapping files for your device model.

If OTA Update doesn't find a package for your device tell me the device model and the build you use. I just have to create a link in github and then it will work.

Last edited by brucelee; 04-04-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #54
xl743
xl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pocketbook 840-2
Quote:
I think it should work with the 360 build.
Hi brucelee! I'm from the-ebook forum and I have committed some small stuff to CR3 sources. I've just tried building your version and have some questions.

- Do you have any tools/automated scripts to build native Linux version for debugging/preview purposes? It's very uncomfortably to build the app, upload it to the reader and many times a day, while developing/adding features or working on bugs. So it would be great if it were possible.

- Since I have PB 301+, I used pb360 build, everything seems to work OK, except dictionary. PB 301+ does not have touchscreen, it has joystick-like keys and some control keys. And the keyboard doesn't seem to be working while in a dictionary mode. The only thing I can do in dictionary mode is to press "exit" button and close the dictionary window. Arrow keys doesn't seem to be working while in dictionary modes. But they work OK in CR3 itself, and they work OK also in dictionary mode with pkb version of CR3. Are there any fix to make dictionary working? Or maybe you could provide me some advice/thoughts how to fix that?

Update: it seems that "down" key in dictionary mode works as "left" key. But other arrows keys doesn't work at all though.

Last edited by xl743; 04-06-2015 at 01:44 PM.
xl743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #55
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl743 View Post
Do you have any tools/automated scripts to build native Linux version for debugging/preview purposes?
No. I was syncing with dropbox and updating through a script when launching cr3.
Now that I implemented the OTA Update from dev branch I'll test with that.

Quote:
Since I have PB 301+, I used pb360 build, everything seems to work OK, except dictionary.
I think you have the same problem as sadowski. He reported the 4-way buttons not working with pb515. I suppose it's affecting all non-touch devices.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #56
xl743
xl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pocketbook 840-2
Quote:
No. I was syncing with dropbox and updating through a script when launching cr3.
Now that I implemented the OTA Update from dev branch I'll test with that.
Great, so there's a hope that it will be possible to build the x86/Linux app for testing/debugging?

Quote:
I think you have the same problem as sadowski. He reported the 4-way buttons not working with pb515. I suppose it's affecting all non-touch devices.
So there's still no workaround on that issue? I tried keymap.ini files from various versions of the app - neither worked correctly. How can I help here? I just looked through the source code and it looks like a lot of code has been changed (for example in cr3pocketbook.cpp) and so far I cannot figure out the problem myself right away.

One more problem comparing to pkb version. It looks like CR3 does "double refresh" of a page when it's started. It shows the page and immediatelly regreshesh it. I can see it as an additional "black blinking".
xl743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #57
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Great, so there's a hope that it will be possible to build the x86/Linux app for testing/debugging?
I never said anything about PC testing. I never built the application for desktop. I'm testing directly on the eReader.

Quote:
So there's still no workaround on that issue?
Not yet. I didn't go through it anyway. (As a true egoist that I am, I'm doing things for my device first )

Quote:
It looks like CR3 does "double refresh" of a page when it's started.
That's because the first screen update is partial. I don't know how it is for your device but I find it necessary for my 626.
If I keep the book cover as power off logo (and I always do that), the logo is really visible and annoying when powering on the device (I mean it's ghosting. It persists as a gray thing below the text).
So by doing a full screen update at startup, I don't have to manually open the menu and close it just to get a full screen update each time I power on the device.
I hope my explanation wasn't too fuzzy.

Maybe I should limit the startup full screen update to the pro devices?

Last edited by brucelee; 04-06-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:26 AM   #58
brucelee
Addict

v0.0.6-16-14
Quote:
- Added tap action: Full screen update
- Added full updates options from 20 to 50 pages
- Show message when successful OTA Update is finished
- Added OTA Update from dev branch (touch /mnt/ext1/system/.cr3-use-devel-branch to activate)
- Cite toolbar is working with touch devices
- Added bottom border for dictionary in pb626fw5
This being the first OTA Update available, I feel like I should write this again:
Quote:
OTA Update might screw your keymapping, so be careful and make a backup (first time only).
That's because it replaces the system/bin/cr3-pb.app and system/share/cr3 paths.
So if you have problems send me the correct keymapping files for your device model.

If OTA Update doesn't find a package for your device tell me the device model and the build you use. I just have to create a link in github and then it will work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
Added OTA Update for PB630.
It was reported here. If anyone has a 4pda account please let vadeus know it should work now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: v0.0.6-16-15
Quote:
- Added option for page margins: 40 [xl743 patch]
- Added option in style settings: Letter spacing [xl743 patch]
- Created OTA links for: 511, 602, 611, 612, 630, 650, 801, 840, 902, 912 (It doesn't mean that the app works with all of them. 602 certainly doesn't. But I've created the links just in case...)

Last edited by brucelee; 04-08-2015 at 04:28 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #59
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslukov View Post
Dear brucelee, the 360 build doesn't work...

log for the pro4 build:
Attachment 136396
Could you (or someone else) test THIS build with PB602 or a similar device?

Edit:
Also, if there are others that don't get any of the builds working but manage to get a trace log like maslukov did, please let me know.

Last edited by brucelee; 04-08-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #60
maslukov

logs

Quote:
Could you (or someone else) test THIS build with PB602 or a similar device?

Edit:
Also, if there are others that don't get any of the builds working but manage to get a trace log like maslukov did, please let me know.
logs for this build

crengine.log.txt

cr3-pb.crash.log.txt