Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #16
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And these backlist eBooks by Tom Deitz will be full of OCR errors because of the lazy people who scan/OCR and do not bother to check for OCR errors.
ye of little faith. I will let you know if I run across any obvious errors. I will warn you that I tend not to notice such things unless it's really bad.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #17
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Wiil it include "The Ballad of Eskimo Nell?"
The paper version doesn't.

(I was surprised to find that the Ballad of Eskimo Nell is a real poem. )
Advert
Old 10-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #18
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
The paper version doesn't.

(I was surprised to find that the Ballad of Eskimo Nell is a real poem. )
That's why I asked. I have a copy to include in the e-books. Hey it's Baen Books, no DRM...(Rooty Toot Toot...)

(For those who don't know about the poem, it's a bawdy poem, quite scandalous for its day)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
ye of little faith.
Nope, it's experience with backlist error riddled eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #20
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Looks like Moorcock's Corum series (all six books) are coming out as ebooks in the US May 5th, 2015. With the Eternal Champion set coming out in December of this year, I make it that most of the main Eternal Champion books will be available in ebook i.e. all the Elric stories, The Eternal Champion, the Hawkmoon set, the Corum set. The only major set that is missing will be the Count Brass set.
Advert
Old 10-24-2014, 08:27 PM   #21
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Looks like Moorcock's Corum series (all six books) are coming out as ebooks in the US May 5th, 2015. With the Eternal Champion set coming out in December of this year, I make it that most of the main Eternal Champion books will be available in ebook i.e. all the Elric stories, The Eternal Champion, the Hawkmoon set, the Corum set. The only major set that is missing will be the Count Brass set.
I'm still waiting for the Jerry Cornelius books...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:53 AM   #22
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
I make it that most of the main Eternal Champion books will be available in ebook i.e. all the Elric stories,
These are already available if this is what you are talking about.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/451...or-of-melnibon

ebook link for the first book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6992170-elric
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #23
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
These are already available if this is what you are talking about.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/451...or-of-melnibon

ebook link for the first book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6992170-elric
Yes, I already have the elric ebooks. I was talking about The Eternal Champsion books (i.e. Erkose (sp?) that come out in Nov. and the Corum books that are coming next Spring.

The Elric ebooks are a re-ordering of the Elric paperback books that I bought back in the late 70's. Personally, I think the paperback order made a bit more sense.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #24
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

I just pre-ordered several Poul Anderson ebooks which will be coming out in a couple of weeks (Dec 30th) including the Broken Sword, one of his best, IMPO, and a true classic.

Still waiting to see if the re-release of McCaffry's Dragonsinger trilogy coming out this Spring will include ebooks. They seem to be available in England, so I'm hopeful.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:38 AM   #25
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
I really didn't expect the Diana Tregarde series to become available. Apparently, the series triggered some of SF&F' fandoms real nutcases to contact Ms Lackey and it really spooked her, so she abandoned the series and it sounded like she wanted the series just to disappear.
Some time ago, wandering in the dark, dingy hallways, where one should never go on the Internet, I found an ancient discussion about one or two organizations filing a lawsuit against her, because of the content of at least two books in that series. Whilst probably bluster, the alleged plaintiffs apparently had successfully concluded a couple of lawsuits against authors, publishers, and distirbuters, that were not copyright related.
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #26
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Orion has released the UK ebook version of Walter M. Miller jr's A Canticle For Leibowitz.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Still waiting to see if the re-release of McCaffry's Dragonsinger trilogy coming out this Spring will include ebooks. They seem to be available in England, so I'm hopeful.
The fact they've been available for years in the UK won't have any impact on a US release, because these books are an example of the very common situation of a book having different US and UK publishers: in this case the publisher is Simon and Schuster in the US, Random House in the UK.

There are many examples of ebooks being available in the UK but not in the US, and vice versa, for this reason.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-29-2014 at 05:07 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:25 AM   #28
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The fact they've been available for years in the UK won't have any impact on a US release, because these books are an example of the very common situation of a book having different US and UK publishers: in this case the publisher is Simon and Schuster in the US, Random House in the UK.

There are many examples of ebooks being available in the UK but not in the US, and vice versa, for this reason.
True, and I think it's been available in the UK for a while. On the other hand, several ebooks that were available in the UK for a while have recently made it to the US (Eddings & Feist's early books for example), which is what gives me the hope. My guess is we won't know for sure until the release date of the first book.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:40 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
True, and I think it's been available in the UK for a while. On the other hand, several ebooks that were available in the UK for a while have recently made it to the US (Eddings & Feist's early books for example), which is what gives me the hope. My guess is we won't know for sure until the release date of the first book.
Agreed. All I meant is that the decision of the UK publisher to release them as ebooks will probably not influence the US publisher, because they are different publishers. Same with Eddings and Feist.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #30
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

I wouldn't be totally shocked if the US publisher paid the UK publisher for the books in electronic form rather than convert them.

Tags
backlist, backlisted books