Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 08-16-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
fairuza
fairuza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Is there a simple small metadata editor?

Is there a Windows program that can edit LRF metadata inside the file that does not require one to install a bunch of bloated crap like .Net and mono and python or whatever?

I want to edit a few kilobytes of text in a file. You shouldn't therefore need to install 100s of files that take up 100s of megabytes of space and bloat up the windows registry just to do that.

Too bad I don't know how to program. This is pissing me off. I hate .Net, mono and java.
fairuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Real men use a hex editor. Scratch that, REAL men just vary the voltage on their FPGAs and program that way.

What I mean is, perhaps the complexity of the format warrants a more complex approach. Calibre is relatively small, self-contained, and you don't need to install ".Net and mono and python or whatever".

Last edited by acidzebra; 08-17-2009 at 08:52 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert