Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #16
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
You're right: Calibre is pretty quick to do this.

However, I like to tweak a little my new ebook before installing it on my reader, i.e. add an image cover, check the "contents table" which is often mixed up, make a nice looking title and so on. So, on the way doing this, I add my little OpenOffice macro playing in its 9x12 cm format..

After that, there is a choice :
- export as a PDF
- using calibre for any other format.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:05 AM   #17
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimad View Post
Project Gutenberg is now directly supporting (on an "Experimental" meaning sometimes buggy basis) two E-Book formats: EPUB and MOBI
The MOBI books I've imported so far work perfectly (Du côté de chez Swann, Marcel Proust)
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #18
RonH
RonH began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Thank you! This is what I've been trying to ask about and wasn't smart enough to phrase it so y'all knew what I was talking about. I'm 20 pages into re-formatting a book in Word now - this should make the remaining 277 pages a LOT easier.
In WordPerfect (I have the X3 version) it's relatively simple to create a macro to accomplish this in the blink of an eye. I have a version of Word 2007 but I've never checked out the macro capabilities. I'm sure they're there. (I'm not a fan of Word, so I don't use it much. Still prefer WordPerfect because it allows me to look at the underlying codes and use them whenever appropriate in macros.)
RonH is offline   Reply With Quote