Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
General Plugin Question

I'm not sure how to pose this but I guess I will try.

Are plugins affected by having either Calibre 32 or 64 bit versions?

Meaning if I always had Calibre 64 and then somehow installed 32 bit versions will the plugins be affected?

I uninstalled Calibre 64 version 3.45.1 because of the epub to mobi conversion problems. Before uninstalling it, I saved the plugin folder. When I downloaded Calibre 3.45.0, I didn't realize it was the 32 bit version. After installing it, I moved the saved plugin folder back to the app data folder and proceeded to work on my library as usual.

I was still having the epub to mobi conversion problems but only when using the epub merge plugin. It wasn't until I looked closer to the error log I posted the other day (sorry, I didn't know about the spoiler rule) that I saw I had installed the 32 bit version. All those plugins in that folder had been created by and running on 64 bit version.

Is it possible that the epub merge problem was caused by this?

Also, when I uninstall Calibre again to install the 64 bit version, will I have to start over with the plugins, or can the folder be saved?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:16 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Plugins are agnostic when it comes to 32bit or 64bit, but some are OS dependent, this will be apparent in the Get Plugins list.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2019, 08:48 PM   #3
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Thanks!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote