Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #121
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.
 
Mitchll's Avatar
 
Posts: 220
Karma: 1986
Join Date: Oct 2006
Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Failing to create catalog. Running Mac OS X, latest version of Calibre, very large library,
Following error message:
Spoiler:


ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Python function terminated unexpectedly: invalid literal for float(): 86'd.
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating epub for sony900 in GUI environment
Book count: 7679
opts:
catalog_title: My Books Feb 3 10
exclude_genre: \[[\w ]*\]
exclude_tags: ~
note_tag: *
numbers_as_text: False
read_tag: +
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sync: False
Begin catalog source generation
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.6/site.py", line 147, in main
return run_entry_point()
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.6/site.py", line 116, in run_entry_point
return getattr(pmod, func)()
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 99, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 60, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 2760, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 767, in buildSources
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 858, in fetchBooksByTitle
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 2645, in generateSortTitle
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 86'd.

Last edited by Mitchll; 02-03-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Mitchll is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #122
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DoctorOhh's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,696
Karma: 13739682
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchll View Post
Failing to create catalog. Running Mac OS X, latest version of Calibre, very large library,
Following error message:
Spoiler:


ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Python function terminated unexpectedly: invalid literal for float(): 86'd.
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating epub for sony900 in GUI environment
Book count: 7679
opts:
catalog_title: My Books Feb 3 10
exclude_genre: \[[\w ]*\]
exclude_tags: ~
note_tag: *
numbers_as_text: False
read_tag: +
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sync: False
Begin catalog source generation
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.6/site.py", line 147, in main
return run_entry_point()
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.6/site.py", line 116, in run_entry_point
return getattr(pmod, func)()
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 99, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 60, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 2760, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 767, in buildSources
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 858, in fetchBooksByTitle
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 2645, in generateSortTitle
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 86'd.
I had the same error. Except instead of "86'd." mine said "Catch". I had a book titled Catch-22, I changed the title to Catch 22 and it went through fine. Do you have a book with the title beginning with "86'd." if so change the name and try again.
DoctorOhh is offline  
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #123
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Pushka's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,119
Karma: 1019140
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia
Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
but IMHO the only thing that's really missing from the Catalog is the ability to jump straight from a catalog description to the actual book.
That would be GOLD!
Pushka is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #124
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.
 
Mitchll's Avatar
 
Posts: 220
Karma: 1986
Join Date: Oct 2006
Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I had the same error. Except instead of "86'd." mine said "Catch". I had a book titled Catch-22, I changed the title to Catch 22 and it went through fine. Do you have a book with the title beginning with "86'd." if so change the name and try again.
Yes that was the hangup on that error but now I find multiple books with "-" or " ' " etc. Is there an override possible?
Mitchll is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #125
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DoctorOhh's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,696
Karma: 13739682
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchll View Post
Yes that was the hangup on that error but now I find multiple books with "-" or " ' " etc. Is there an override possible?
He told me it will be fixed in the next update.
DoctorOhh is offline  
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #126
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,497
Karma: 424695
Join Date: Mar 2009
Device: iPad
@Mitchll: Fixed in next release.

G
GRiker is offline  
Old 02-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #127
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.
 
solitaire's Avatar
 
Posts: 64
Karma: 30
Join Date: Dec 2009
Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
Failed to create Catalog V0.6.37

I tried creating my catalog (261 books) and I tried various options like checking the "sort numbers as text" etc, but same error message. Not a biggie and I suspect that you already are aware of this. I tried to generate my catalog today after the new software update to the nook, thats why I missed it earlier on.

ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating epub for nook in GUI environment
Book count: 261
opts:
catalog_title: My Books
exclude_genre: \[[\w ]*\]
exclude_tags: ~,Catalog
note_tag: *
numbers_as_text: True
read_tag: +
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sync: False
Begin catalog source generation
Python function terminated unexpectedly
invalid literal for float(): ...3 (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 99, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 60, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 2760, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 767, in buildSources
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 858, in fetchBooksByTitle
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 2650, in generateSortTitle
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): ...3
solitaire is offline  
Old 02-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #128
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,497
Karma: 424695
Join Date: Mar 2009
Device: iPad
@solitaire: Fixed in next release, but it would be helpful to me to know how the cover thumbnails are rendering on the Nook. I fixed a problem on the Sony where they were too small. Could you please build a catalog excluding the book with the problem '...3' in the title. You can just drag-select a few books for this build.

After downloading the EPUB to your Nook, could you confirm that the relative size of the thumbnail is about the same as the attached Kindle screen grab, and let me know the results either way.

Other EPUB catalog users: Please report any thumbnail size discrepancies.

G
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Description.gif
Views:	354
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	45102  

Last edited by GRiker; 02-06-2010 at 09:23 AM.
GRiker is offline  
Old 02-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #129
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
banjomike's Avatar
 
Posts: 317
Karma: 397404
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple rooted & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Zinio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
@solitaire: Fixed in next release, but it would be helpful to me to know how the cover thumbnails are rendering on the Nook. I fixed a problem on the Sony where they were too small. Could you please build a catalog excluding the book with the problem '...3' in the title. You can just drag-select a few books for this build.

After downloading the EPUB to your Nook, could you confirm that the relative size of the thumbnail is about the same as the attached Kindle screen grab, and let me know the results either way.

Other EPUB catalog users: Please report any thumbnail size discrepancies.

G
That Kindle screen cap is nice. (Not the Kindle itself, just the cap). The jumbo cover image is a useful size when compared to the literally thumbnail sized images on the Sony.

Is the Sony thumbnail fix you mentioned in the future release, 'cos I want it provided it doesn't make the catalog generation too long-winded.
banjomike is offline  
Old 02-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #130
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,497
Karma: 424695
Join Date: Mar 2009
Device: iPad
@banjomike: Yes, the sony thumbnail fix is in 0.6.38. It adds no time at all to catalog generation, as it's using exactly the same image file. Only the <img> tag is different if your Output device is one of the Sony eReaders.

G
GRiker is offline  
Old 02-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #131
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.
 
solitaire's Avatar
 
Posts: 64
Karma: 30
Join Date: Dec 2009
Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
@GRiker: thanks for your response.

I created a catalogue of a partial list and that worked.

The thumbnail is much smaller than the kindle sample you attached to your post. I would say that it is a 1/3 of its size. Having said that, it is legible.

My 2C worth:

It will be nice if this catalog is generated with the books listed in the display order at the time of creating the catalog. The reason I say this is Nook's ability to sort is very limited (Title and Author only). In this way, one could have books displayed in the order of purchase date, Genre etc.

There should also be an option not to include the summary so that a list of books can be seen. Right now a book can span upto 2 catalog pages on the nook. If I may suggest, have a hotlink called Summary in this list that takes you to the summary screen and from there one could either go BACK or READ the book.
solitaire is offline  
Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #132
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,497
Karma: 424695
Join Date: Mar 2009
Device: iPad
I will tweak the image size in the next release.

The catalog is built in Author order, with Titles, Genres and Recently Added Sections by default. So it does what you're asking for already.

If some Nook user knows how to embed an href that jumps to reading the book on the Nook, I'll be happy to add the code.

G
GRiker is offline  
Old 02-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #133
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.
 
solitaire's Avatar
 
Posts: 64
Karma: 30
Join Date: Dec 2009
Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
The catalog is built in Author order, with Titles, Genres and Recently Added Sections by default. So it does what you're asking for already.

If some Nook user knows how to embed an href that jumps to reading the book on the Nook, I'll be happy to add the code.

G
@GRiker: Perhaps I did not explain properly.

The list is currently sorted by Author and the other information is already there. What I was trying to convey was that if the catalog can pick its book sorting order from the way the books are currently listed on the screen. e.g. I normally have my books sorted by Date Purchased (Descending). So when I generate the catalog it should ignore the Author sort and use the sort order on the screen.

Am I making any sense?
solitaire is offline  
Old 02-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #134
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 23,280
Karma: 24326584
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: (The original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
@GRiker: Perhaps I did not explain properly.

The list is currently sorted by Author and the other information is already there. What I was trying to convey was that if the catalog can pick its book sorting order from the way the books are currently listed on the screen. e.g. I normally have my books sorted by Date Purchased (Descending). So when I generate the catalog it should ignore the Author sort and use the sort order on the screen.

Am I making any sense?
Catalog already has an index (section) by date already (near the bottom of the list): Books added in January 2010 ...
theducks is offline  
Old 02-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #135
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.
 
solitaire's Avatar
 
Posts: 64
Karma: 30
Join Date: Dec 2009
Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Catalog already has an index (section) by date already (near the bottom of the list): Books added in January 2010 ...
Oops...thats what comes out of responding without due research. Thanks for pointing this out. This should address my issue...though having to navigate to the end of the document in Nook can be a big pain.
solitaire is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
book catalog

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Content Newspapers piling up in my Archived Items Millbrook Amazon Kindle 9 07-05-2012 03:09 PM
Creating Catalogs: Start here GRiker Library Management 0 01-26-2011 03:58 PM
Removing 'Archived Items' seagull Kindle Developer's Corner 7 09-29-2010 01:38 PM
Archived items question Corran006 Amazon Kindle 1 08-28-2010 02:52 AM
T?ol to create Structured catalogs? itimpi Calibre 5 11-19-2008 11:30 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.