Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #1
CAVALENCIA
CAVALENCIA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3g
Help! Kindle 3 Power Switch is dead

Please your help. The power switch in my Kindle Keyboard is damaged and I don´t have a way of waking the device up. Is there a keyboard shortcut or key combination that has the same effect than sliding the power switch?

This device has the latest firmware so I don´t think I can root it. If I reset it by disconnecting the battery, it boots and I can use it but when it goes back to sleep I don´t have a way of waking it.

I can also try a hardware hack; I have changed the screen of this device twice but the power switch is really small and I don´t think I can replace it.

Any help is highly appreciated.
CAVALENCIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:13 PM   #2
CAVALENCIA
CAVALENCIA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3g
I think I found a viable solution. Following the guide here (https://youtu.be/wyO5cjuqF4g) I enabled the Debug mode and using the command disableScreensaver I stop the screensaver and the Kindle will never lock. This of course has the issue of possible key presses but I keep it in a case so it shouldn´t be an issue.
What I don´t know is if I should keep the Debug mode active for this to take effect or if the Debug mode has any effect on battery usage or functionality in general. I will test and post here any findings.
CAVALENCIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle 3, power button issue