Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Qylie
Qylie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
calibre not to send pdf's to Kindle ask to convert

Is there anyway to get Calibre to ask me to convert pdf's instead of sending them to my kindle. I hate reading pdf's on the kindle.
Qylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
go to preferences->plugins->device interface plugins and customize the Kindle driver, unchecking PDF as a supported format
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Qylie
Qylie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
go to preferences->plugins->device interface plugins and customize the Kindle driver, unchecking PDF as a supported format
Awesome thanks!
Qylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Hi, I think I have the reverse problem. I cannot get calibre to send pdf's to kindle via the kindle e-mail.
Further, I could previously extract the text from pdf's with "text under image" by first converting them to epub and then to mobi in calibre. In the later versions, however, it seems the epub format, too, converts pdf's to image htmls.

All this may have resulted from my insufficient knowledge on the capabilities of calibre... I know enough however to thank you very much for this great program!
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->sharing by email and add pdf to the list of allowed formats for your kindle email address.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #6
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Thank you!
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote