Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
sweetnlov
sweetnlov began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600 Touch
Not staying authorized

I received a PRS 600 at christmas and loaded the software on my laptop that moves between home and work. I have both purchased books and used library books on the reader. The challenge is that every time I go to download books the system asks me to authorize my computer. I either have to authorize with my Adobe ID or the Sony Library ID. Now I thought it was just crazy having to do this and that it would end up causing me problems. Well I am going away in a week, am out of books and went to download some library books and I received the error message that I had too many activations. Did I download the program incorrectly somewhere along the line? Why do I need to activate my account every time I download a book? I have only authorized the reader and this laptop. Has anyone else had this challenge? I have been on the phone with Sony and they said they reset my account two days ago but I am still receiving the same error message.
Any help would be appreciated as I am going away on holidays and would like to take reading material with me.
sweetnlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
That's a new one. What OS are you using? Is it the host OS or is it perhaps in a VM... it seems the ADE thinks you are on a different computer each time.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 01:29 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnlov View Post
I received a PRS 600 at christmas and loaded the software on my laptop that moves between home and work. I have both purchased books and used library books on the reader. The challenge is that every time I go to download books the system asks me to authorize my computer. I either have to authorize with my Adobe ID or the Sony Library ID. Now I thought it was just crazy having to do this and that it would end up causing me problems. Well I am going away in a week, am out of books and went to download some library books and I received the error message that I had too many activations. Did I download the program incorrectly somewhere along the line? Why do I need to activate my account every time I download a book? I have only authorized the reader and this laptop. Has anyone else had this challenge? I have been on the phone with Sony and they said they reset my account two days ago but I am still receiving the same error message.
Any help would be appreciated as I am going away on holidays and would like to take reading material with me.
Do you have 2 ID's? I have the exact same ID for both ADE and my Sony Reader Library.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
sweetnlov

I am using Windows XP and I use the same ID for ADE and the Sony library. It is very frustrating as I am leaving in a week for 2 weeks overseas and have read all the books currently on my reader.
When I download library books into the reader library, every time I want to open the book on the laptop or transfer it to the reader, it tells me that I have to authorize my computer. I have phoned Sony and they keep saying its an Adobe issue.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Log into your account at The Sony Reader store and go down to Manage Devices. What do you see?
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
I received a PRS 600 at christmas and loaded the software on my laptop that moves between home and work. I have both purchased books and used library books on the reader. The challenge is that every time I go to download books the system asks me to authorize my computer. I either have to authorize with my Adobe ID or the Sony Library ID. <snip>
The first time you authorized the laptop (and the Reader) to ADE and Sony RL were you at home?

I have another thought or question for more experienced members viewing this....

Does traveling with the same laptop between IP addresses cause ADE and Sony Reader Library to think it is a different computer?

Quote:
Well I am going away in a week, am out of books and went to download some library books and I received the error message that I had too many activations.
I believe that error message is from ADE and you will have to contact them. There is a set number of activations allowed and you may have gone over that by activating each time. This may have to be corrected once the other problem is fixed.

I just saw your other post and think it may be a good idea if you call Sony about you problem and mention what helped "John" in the below post.

The software from Sony was reauthorizing itself every time I ran the Reader Library software..

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
The folks at Sony support helped me track down the problem that kept giving me error 2023. The software from Sony was reauthorizing itself every time I ran the Reader Library software because the "cookie" or "keychain" entry for the Reader Software had become corrupted in my keychain.

In order to fix the problem, we had to remove the offending entry from the keychain, then call Adobe, to increase the number of authorizations, and then reauthorize the Reader Library software.

It's been three days and so far everything is working as it should.
Cheers!

John
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #7
sweetnlov

Before I received the error 2023 I did check to see what devices were on my system and there was only my laptop and the reader. Two devices only. I was able to speak with a supervisor at Sony today (ADE does not have support working on weekends apparantly) and they said that ADE is not recognizing that my computer has been authorized so I am thinking I have a similar challenge as John. From what I have been able to gather is that neither ADE nor Sony Reader library were speaking to each other and that caused me to have to authorize every time I wanted to download books.