Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
dwallbaum
Zealot
dwallbaum has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle2
Shelby Foote's Civil War Kindle starting with Vol2?

Gentlefolk;

I fell in love with Shelby Foote's three volume treatment of the Civil War, and wanted the Kindle version. Volume 2 is available now, but not Vol. 1...???

Does anyone know the logic of this, and when Vol. 1 might be available?

Thx!

Don
dwallbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
Rob G.
Enthusiast
Rob G. doesn't litterRob G. doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
I'm having a similar problem with Robert Cairo's LBJ series. I can't find an eBook version of the first one anywhere and the second one is rather tough to find (I don't think it's on the Kindle.)
Rob G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallbaum View Post
Gentlefolk;

I fell in love with Shelby Foote's three volume treatment of the Civil War, and wanted the Kindle version. Volume 2 is available now, but not Vol. 1...???

Does anyone know the logic of this, and when Vol. 1 might be available?
There is no real logic to it. It happens time and again with various series of books. Perhaps the print version of vol. 2 was due for a reprint and since they were prepping that they went ahead and did an ebook version as well, it's hard to say (this has definitely been the case with some fiction books). A lot of publishers do seem to be making a concerted effort now to put out older titles so hopefully it'll be only a matter of time and you'll see vol. 1.

I did notice that Vol. 2 just became available last month so perhaps they're working on all three and just happened to finish that one first or something

The only possible way to know for sure is to see if you can get an answer from the publisher.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
dwallbaum
Zealot
dwallbaum has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle2
Well, I did click the "I want this on a Kindle" button.... I am sure my one lone click will be the deciding factor.

Still, you have a point.. it could be if Vol. 2 of Foote's trilogy is done, then vols. 1 and 3 can't be far behind.

Prob. get them out just in time to be ported to the iPad.
dwallbaum is offline   Reply With Quote