Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Is my Kindle DX dead?!?!

I don't know what happened. I just received it 4 days ago and today it stopped working in my hands!

I woke it up to show it to my girlfriend. I selected a comic book and noticed that it wasn't showing the pictures properly: they were rotated. No, it wasn't related to the Kindle's orientation. It was the opposite! When the Kindle was in portrait mode, the image was in landscape and vice versa!

I started pressing the buttons (alt + Q, alt + W, etc) to see if there was a command that rotated images. Then it froze!

I've turned it off and now I can't turn it on. I slide the power switch, nothing. I slide and hold for a few seconds, nothing.

The battery should be full, but I connected to the USB to charge, but it doesn't turn on!

What's happening? What can I do?!!!!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you tried doing a reset? Slide and hold the power switch for 15s; the Kindle should reboot.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you tried doing a reset? Slide and hold the power switch for 15s; the Kindle should reboot.
What a relief! It worked! I was dismayed with my bad luck.

, Harry!

But I still don't understand what crashed it... But at least it's working.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Happy to hear that it worked. Was it a PDF that you were viewing? Perhaps there's something about it that the Kindle doesn't like. To say that the Kindle's PDF support is "elementary" is being kind to it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
jmb3861
jmb3861 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Oh, thank you. My Kindle just died for the first time in my year of owning it. I had just purchased a book, tried to go to the home page, and Voila' - nothing, not even a screen saver. So I got on the web and started to search and found this website. Much relieved that it was something as simple as a re-boot. I thought I was going to cry. Now, I'm back to reading and smiling.
jmb3861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
There IS a button for screen orientation (press the font button; it's a sub option in there) and if you were pressing lots of buttons trying to fix the orientation, it may have gotten wedged. It takes a little time to reorient the screen .... and pressing lots of buttons could conceivably confuse it. (caveat: I only have the Kindle II, not the DX)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote